Best Speakers for Yamaha RX-V496

Username: Steltz02

Post Number: 3
I was running a pair of KLH tower speakers that hold (10-250 watts). My receiver only has 70 watts per channel and the KLH's do not sound good or loud at all before the receiver cuts off. I recently hooked up a pair of Pioneer towers that hold a max of 150 watts and the sounds quality is much much better. I need to buy a new pair or two of speakers (bookshelfs and main). What will be my best bet for my receiver in low range speakers??

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 148
Paradigm Performance Series. I don't know what your budget is but listen to this line and you will be amazed at the quality for the low price. My favorites in this line are the Titan and Atom. Just incredible for the money and good match with your receiever.

Post Number: 7
Thank you very much I will check these out.
My budget is very small $150 a pair tops :-(

Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 42
Looks like the Atoms. I got the Titans at $190 pr.

Post Number: 10
You think that the Atoms are the right bookshelf speakers for my receiver? Are there any good websites for purchasing home audio equipment at cheap prices?
Thanks guys

Post Number: 154
The Atoms will be very nice with your receiver assuming you can find a pair for $150 as they retail for $189. I can't help with your web question but can assure you the Atoms are perfect for your needs. Good luck.

Post Number: 12
Thank you very much I appreciate all of the help, would I hook the atoms up to my main speaker hookup?
I figure that I can hold onto the KLH's (because they provide good bass) and then hook up the atoms to the other set of main speakers

Post Number: 13
My local dealer will sell me a pair of Titan's for $190 with tax included.
Does this sound like a pretty good deal?

Post Number: 14
Sorry that I keep posting and that I am such a noob to this speaker stuff.

Are the titans enough for main speakers (mono). Will I have lots of sound coming from them (highs, bass, mids) or are they more a component type speaker where I need some other speakers to get good sound?
Thanks again

Post Number: 160
The Titans will make fine mains and are miles above the KLH. If you can afford the $190 go for it.

Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 45
$190 is a good price. You might also see if the dealer will give you speaker wire.

Post Number: 15
Ya I asked him, he was like umm no.
haha
he is already giving "20% off" the regular value soo. whats 10 dollars here and there.

How much difference does good speaker wire make?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us