Bigger Alternator?

buttface
Unregistered guest
Hi, i now know what system i am going to get but i see people talking about having too small of an alternator often and i was wondering, if i would need a bigger alternator. I have a 1992 Toyota 4-Runner with a pioneer HU model DEH-P7600MP. i will be running a 15" RE X.X.X with a hifonics bx1500.1 amp. I have gone to Mralternator.com and i can purchase either a 120 or 150 amp alternator. do you guys think that my stock amp would work? Could you also explain what an alternator does, doesn't it charge the battery or something? thanks for all your help

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 123
Uhh, no, your alternator won't work. I am pretty sure that any amp large enough to power a tripl x would draw more amps on it's own than a stock alternator can put out max. I'd go with the biggest one I could find. Maybe 200 amp?

buttface
Unregistered guest
the biggest on mr alternator is 150. any suggestions where i could find any bigger ones. i am pretty new to this, so i haven't looked into this before now. thanks for the help

Username: Kenzbud

WA United States

Post Number: 2
Try oho gernerator or www.excessiveamperage.com try excessive first

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 128
You can email mr.alternator and tell him the size of your desired alt and your vehicle make and he can give you a quote on how much it will cost to custom build it. if those other sites listed dont work, i suggest having him build you one

buttface
Unregistered guest
Ok, so you say about 200 amp alt? thanks for your help, you made this pretty easy on me.

Anonymous

I just checked on the price an 140 amper for my car is 269.00 shipped? is that a good price, the dude say that's the highest one they have that will fit my car.
How that price?
or other sites?

Bronze Member
Username: Ne0nblakk

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 32
I don't think 140 amps will be enough. That brutus is a class D amp, and if I'm not mistaken, the equation for that is RMS watts/12 + 20%. The amp alone would eat up 150 amps. I think this is right, but correct me if it's not. Maybe you should look into dual alternators?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us