MAAAD impressed with type S 8" in alpine bandpass

Bronze Member
Username: Skema

Manch, NH US

Post Number: 15
Bought an Alpine bandpass with Type S 8" inside for 25 dollars, with free use of Power Acoustic 520w amp. So far, after messing with the amp and sh1t, it is hitting a lot harder than I thought it would. The fact that it is bandpass helps out but I have noticed how it is restricted to those certain freqs. It sounds best sitting right in my backseat with the port facing frontwards.

Not much distortion that I've noticed, even tho I'm overpowering it and I'm also using 18g speaker wire (will that matter for such small sub anyway?). I recommend this sub and enclosure. I think it'd be good in a truck.

seightgtr05
Unregistered guest
Either you've never really heard too many systems, or well I just really dont believe what you said, 1or2 8" subs aren't going to do a whole lot. with 18g wiring and having it in your back seat with nothing to resonate off, doesn't add up man, so anyonoe ready this, i myself dont think those would be all that impressive.

Bronze Member
Username: Skema

Manch, NH US

Post Number: 21
well let me put it this way, its more than I expected for 25 dollars. Yes I need better speaker wire. This is only a beater system to hold me off for now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us