Audiobahn aw1206t box

Username: Crackpipewilli

Post Number: 1
I bought an audiobahn 12" aw1206t 4 ohm sub, 1,100w rms, 2,000 max, and i need to know what the best kind of box would be to use with it? and i also need plans.
Mounting Dimensions: Depth; 6 3/4" Hole; 10 7/8" Diameter; 12 1/2" crackpipewilli@yahoo.com

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 147
refer to audiobahn's website for box designs please.

Post Number: 2
i need to know what all these mean
Air Space (cu ft.), Port size (inches), Port Vel. (%), -3db (hz), Tune Freq. (hz), Sub Disp. (Cu. Ft.), Port Disp. (Cu. Ft.), Total Vol. (Cu. Ft.)

Post Number: 170
That means you should pay a professional to build the box for you.

Post Number: 5
I dont want to pay someone because i have all the tools to do it myself because i own a woodshop, i just need to know what is meant by the port velocity, -3db, Tune frequency, and sub displacement, the rest i understand, and have the specs for.

Post Number: 178
ok port velocity won't really affect you since the enclosure volume and port dimensions are apparently already supplied for you.

tuned frequency is what frequency the port is tuned to.
that means at that frequency, the sub is most efficient, and will therefore be the loudest.
you want this usually around 34Hz, given a choice.

displacement is just that.. it's the "volume" of air the speaker displaces, or takes up.
when you calculate box volume, you need to figure in how much airspace the sub, and the port will take up, then add that back into the calculations so 2cu ft for example, is 2cu ft after adding in the displacement of extra volume of the sub, and the port itself in a ported box.

clear?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us