X.X.X.

Anonymous

Can anybody tell me if a 600 rms amp will push an RE X.X.X. to its full xmax?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 995
It depends on the enclosure you're using. If you're using a vented box or a larger sealed enclosure, you could probably push it to it's limits with 600W RMS. It's an XBL^2 motor, similar to the Brahmas, 600-800W RMS is usually sufficient to push these subs to xmax.

Anonymous

So it would be a bad idea to use 600 watts with an X X X in a ported box?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1005
No, I meant that 600 watts would be capable of givin g the X.X.X. enough power to push to it's limits, I never said it would go beyond limits. It would be a good idea.

SteveS
Unregistered guest
Am I missing something, or isn't Adire supplying AE Audio with Brahma's? The dustcap is inverted on the AE cones, but otherwise there is no physical difference between a Brahma and a AE SE or SX series. Adire IS an OEM driver supplier after all, much more so than the online audio seller we know them as. Similar to TC sounds, except they do actually sell some stuff directly to consumers. So is resonant engineering a company that builds brahma cones and motor structures to their specs, or more likely, has them built by adire and resells them?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1013
RE and Adire are sister companies, but both are different and they make their own products. RE uses Adires XBL^2 technology, but they have their differences, RE makes their own cones, motors, etc.

Anonymous

I was talking about underpowering them heh, but thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us