Good setup for starters?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
2×RF P312D4 Subs wired @ 2Ohm into a Hifonics Brutus BX1500D in a ported box

each Sub 500wRMS
Amp 1×1000wRMS/2×500wRSM

well what do you think? am I wrong in some way?
any opinions?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 900
How much are you paying for them?

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 168
i am in the making of doing a starter system and i wanted to make it all the same brand and well i didnt want to spend to much either so i just went with pioneer get the rest of the story on page 2 at this site http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/547269

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Ill pay around 180 per sub (299 retail, not ebay either)
amp is 349...

Why do you ask?

Anonymous

Get two RE SE12" subs. I believe they are around $160 without shipping. They are awesome subs, 600 rms a piece. Go to www.reaudio.com to buy them. The sales email is actually sales@reaudio.com, not respl.com. Then get a JBL 1200.1 amp off of ebay, and your set. Put them in a ported box (I believe the website says 1.5' ported) tuned to 28hz. Or if you don't have much room buy a sealed box. I think it is 1' per sub sealed, but check the website.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 902
I was asking because you may be able to do better in the price range. Instead of a dual P3 setup, I'd do a single Adire Audio Brahma or Image Dynamics ID max, with a JBL 1200.1 amp. Small sealed box for the Brahma, or large ported, depending on what you want (quality or SPL) with the small sealed, run a 1 ohm (or 2 if you get an ID Max) load for the sealed, if the large ported box run it at 4 ohms.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
I think ill go with those RE SE12" subs
BUT all i can find are UK/Eroupe Dealers... I did find a link to a canadian site but its offline :-(
Seince I live in USA, MN I would like to find a closer dealer than www.bladeice.com but i fear there isnt any... how much would the S/H be nowadays?

Anonymous

Email sales@reaudio.com. They can quote you a price with shipping, just be sure to include your zip code/location. Also a single brahma or ID max would be a good choice as johnathan said. Image Dynamics has awesome sound quality, as does a brahma, but the brahma outdoes it in SPL.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us