Truck Setup ? And wtf dont you people ans me?

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 14
Alright scrap the car idea, i just wanna put one 10" tdx in my truck its a single cab f100 from 1978, But i am putting in bucket seats instead of the solid bench and want to put the one 10 in between the two seats and dynamat the whole truck cuz its so old it rattles.. and I have a mtx thunder 1501d amp is that good enough to push one 4 ohm 10 or should i get the 2 ohm so it is pushing 1000 watts rms??? and the box is ported.. what will this sound like? Oh and will this pound or should i put something else in? i mean i dont have much room with the single cab bench seat right now.. but other than putting a cut through in i am up for any new ideas.. thanks in advance...

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 896
4 ohm is fine, that amp puts 750w rms at 4 ohm and 1500w rms at 2 ohm, and is probably underrated...its a masive amp and be careful with it

it should sound good and pound at the same time

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 424
Go with one S12L7 DVC 2 ohm and run the amp at 4 ohms. That would be a perfect match.

Here is how you would wire it up.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/1_2ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Okay, so you think the speaker will rock?

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 904
do we think the l7 would rock or ur tdx?

i think both would, but the L7 moreso

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 426
If you can port the L7 and that bad boy will slam. I had one S10L7 ported with a bd500 and that thing was pretty loud.

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 909
well yea but the TDX series are amazing subs davids, run for about $400 for the 10 inch

amazing SQ, amazing SPL

i think thats the 10" sub diamond audio hit 169 dB with :-)

one 10" sub hit 169 dB....extremely impressive

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I love diamond audio and i have the money to get it.. but i wanted to know if it would pound in a single cab truck bu tits pretty big...??

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 429
disturb3d_pri3st

Also your title is a little blunt. Sometimes people may not have the answer so they would rather not answer then give you a wrong answer. Sometimes you gotta wait.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Yeah, i guess patience is a virtue... *laughs* Blah, I am getting the speaker tomorrow, gotta hold off on installing it until i get the bucket seats put in.. i will let you know how well the diamond audio did... probably in about a week keep an eye out for my post, oh and thanks for the info, and next time i will be more patient.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us