Went to an audio shop

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 230
well i know what i wanna get now cuz it sounds good and its a good price.
2 xtant a1044s in a dual box with an xtant 3.1 running them both. all installed for 750. Heard this system in a jeep wrangler and it was awesome very very precise when playing punk rock with a stutter bass drum beat and rocked the cabin when playing some ludacris.

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 231
a1040 s sorry and i think i may end up with an MTX thunder421d a little cheaper with more power and a 1% lower THD+n

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 232
so im looking at around 650 does this all sound good?
Will the THD+N matter that much if its less than 2% on the xtant and less than 1% on the mtx?

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 235
HELLO is this a good deal?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4032
sounds good. especially if you auditioned them and liked the sound.
THD is a difficult thing to base an amp choice on.
It won't have a drastic effect either way.
there's more info on THD here:
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/amplifiers.html
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/ampspecs.html

the first is very long.
the second is shorter and has a specific THD portion.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 327
If you want xtnat this is what I would do.

Check out www.sounddomain.com for their xtant Z104 10 inch subs. Two shipped for around 90.00 dollars.

on ebay get the Xtant A3001T which is the older model of the 3.1 for no more then 150.00 shipped. so for a total of less then 250.00 dollars you have the same quality system for just cheaper. The subs handle less power im sure but are proably just as good of quality for what you want. I assume you will be putting them in a sealed box and the setup I just gave you will be fine. The amp I mentioned is just the older version of the amp above and has all the same ratings so thats what I would do.

Silver Member

VA

Post Number: 236
no z104 10s are craptastic and im not putting them in my car they dont sound good at all. Ever notice that xtant doesnt even post them on their site? hahaha 150 the guy is giving me that for the 3.1 im not buying it off ebay when he is already giving me a great deal on it.The box im getting with this is perfect for the subs and is made by MTX out of 5/8 MDF granted its not 3/4 but im not looking at high excursion. hopefuly ill be getting it all installed within the next couple of weeks before i head back to school. Ill let you all know how glorious it sounds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us