Sdc2.5 10"

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1569
What do you guys think about these subs? Are they decent?

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 589
They are great not sound quality subs but they get very loud when tuned around 35 hz and up. So if your looking for a loud set up these are a great choice

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1570
What would be good specs on an enclosure for it? I was thinking of tuning @ 35 hz.

Silver Member

Post Number: 590
I would say around 1.2 to 1.5 cu ft and tuned at 35 hz would amaze you at how loud the sub will get.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1571
Are they designed for sealed enclosures or only ported?

Silver Member

Post Number: 592
I am not 100% sure but I would say for ported only.
What exactly are you looking for in your system?
If its to get loud with a pair of tens off 600 to 1200 watts then these are a great choice and you could search around forever to find a better deal but you prob won't if your buying brand new.
If your after having great sound in your sub stage then I would choose different subs honestly

Silver Member

Post Number: 593
In my opinion of listening to these subs they sound like alpine type rs which isn't a bad sound but very very far from sounding great and accurate. But these will get louder than type rs easily

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1572
Hmm. I'm getting the sub as part of a trade/cash deal. Its brand new, I've just never had any experience with them. Figured I would try one out and give it a shot. It worries me a little that it won't sound that great. I wasn't really expecting a whole lot from it since it is a budget sub, but it'll have to sound decent. I may just sell it as is when it comes in, or get a box for it. Not sure yet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 594
Well I am very critical as to what sounds good to me. Like the majority of people think that something like an fi q has great sound quality and honestly they don't to my ears. Great sound quality to me is like dls top if the line or morel or rainbow. Or even focals flagship. But most people that talk about sound quality have no idea what those sound like

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1573
How about a SA-12 in a sealed enclosure on 600 rms? Would it sound decent and still yield a lot of output?

Silver Member

Post Number: 595
I'm sure it would sound great and get loud enough. I'm sure you know what to expect from a single 12 in a sealed box
The only time I have ever heard an sa sub was when a friend had 4 15s in a wall and it sounded very good to me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us