New comps. Hertz,Rainbow

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3234
I have been wanting a new set of comps latley and I just happen to notice woofersect started carring Hertz and Rainbow. I have been looking at a few diff. sets and was wondering if anyone has any experience with Herzt or Rainbow. They are kinda pricey tho,anyone know where I could find either for cheaper? I was looking at this set by Hetz

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9625-esk-165l-hertz-65-2-way-component-system.aspx

and I didnt know if that set was just their entry level or if it was a decent set or how it sounded.I love how the mids are orange tho lol. Any info would be appreciated.

Next Rainbow has like 1000 different sets but I kinda liked this particular set

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7048-slc-26525-ng-rainbow-slc-ng-65-2-way-component- system.aspx

The freq response is 50-30,000 hz and that seems like they would be pretty loud which is what Im going for. Any experience with this set? Pros/cons?

Basically I need a set that has great mid bass and are somewhat "bright" or "harsh" sounding,thats just what I like. I currently have a set of DLS MS6A which I love but they are more natural sounding and what I want is something loud,very loud! I dont want to spend more than say $300 and would like the rms to be around 100-200wrms,closer to the 100wrms jus so I wont have to spend a ton on an amp to power them.

I was also considering the JBL C608GTI MKii,since Ive heard great reviews on them,plus that price is amazing

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20533_JBL_C608GTI_MKii.aspx

Please help me out. I kinda got out of car audio for a while now Im back in and ready to upgrade everything!

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2203
if you go with the rainbows hit me up i can get you a good price

Bronze Member
Username: Jjohan35

Post Number: 49
Frequency range has nothing to do with loudness. You need high wattage and high sensitivity for that.

I haven't heard Hertz in person, but if you're looking for brighter sounding speakers, you're not going to find that from Rainbows. Their highs are relatively comparable to DLS, smooth and laidback.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3250
Thanks for the info but I guess everyone should just disregard this thread b/c I have made up my mind on my components. Im just waiting to hear back from sonicelectronix to see if they can do a price match/beat lol.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 4885
My memphis components are pretty harsh and have great off axis sound quality. I heard they were used in sq competitions as well. But they get LOUD, just how I like it . Always wanted to give those rainbows a try. I like that laidback sound also. As long as the tweeter can keep up with the mid.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3251
My DLS comps are very laid back and very detailed,you wanna buy em and try em out? Ill cut you a good deal Bernskie!!

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 4886
Nah its cool. I got a set of DLS ur6s that I bought from Chad awhile back. I wanna give those a try sometime :P

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16609
nice set berny

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3288
Holy old thread Batman!

Nice job at raising a dead one Sean

BTW I decided to keep my DLS for the moment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us