Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1542
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

A guy had posted this on Craigslist a while back and I had been thinking of getting it. He originally wanted $80 for it but I offered him $60 and he said ok. It was his son's in a truck and his son went off to college and didn't want to take it with him. Looks to be in pretty good shape. I took it out of the box and made sure all the connections are nice and secure and that all the screws are snug. The enclosure looks to be pretty solid. I'm going to use this sub as an alternative to my 15 when I need a little trunk space and still want some bass in my car. I'm not exprecting miracles from it, but I figure it should do alright. I plan to run it on the Sundown at 500 rms at 2 ohm.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16778
great find and deal there man

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24491
Keep your eyes open enough and you'll find deals on CL. Blink though and you could be handed a sh1tburger.

What sub is that anyway?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16780
a jl 12 w7

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24492
In good working order?

A steal.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2722
looks like a w3 to me but im no expert.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16929
omg u lucky b@stard ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16781
tell me about it rovin

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1543
It's just a 10w3v3-2. If I had to guess I'd say the enclosure is 0.75 cubes after the sub's displacement. I'm going to hook it up tomorrow and post a video. I've never messed around with a 10 or a w3 so I'm curious to how it will sound. I'm hoping it'll do well for rock music.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16782
i had a jl 12 w3 in my car i used to have for a while it was ok...but it for sure was no jl 12 w6...that was tons better

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1544
Yeah I would have preferred a w6, but for 60 bucks this was a good enough deal for me. Sounds alright for what it is.

This is a 50 Hz test tone I used to set the amp with running at "full tilt". Maintaining 13.5 volts at full tilt which is awesome.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1545

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1140
Seems like it sounds pretty good for a 10'' sub. Whats your review?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11775
Everything made by JL is good quality stuff, that sub will sound good it just won't have the output the bigger subs most of us are used to.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3144
^agreed. the w3 is not a bad woofer woofer at all. I actually thought they sounded pretty good sealed (the only way i've heard them).

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1546
For what it is, the sub sounds really good. The bass is clean, accurate and blends it great with my mids and highs. However, it also leaves me wanting more, mainly due to its limitations by size and power handling. It performs well on the mid to upper bass but have significant drop off in the lower frequencies. With this type of output, it does very well with rock, and ok with rap. On the right song though, this sub really slams. I'm guessing the sub may be peaking around my car's peak on certain songs, but it can really put out some bass on the right songs. This leads me to wonder how my 15 rl-p would sound sealed in my car..

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2724
sounds good! nice and clean.

and u will like your rl-p sealed. i loved mine sealed. sounded great and had plenty of output for good listening.

Bronze Member
Username: Canaanwhiite

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 30
nice find i'm not crazy about JL's but at that price its worth what you paid especially since it included the box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us