18 bl aq 1200

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmef

Post Number: 33
Sup guys so I got my 18 bl and an aq 1200 quick question the bl is fully loaded am I under powering this sub too much? Enough to blow it??? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4247
no such thing as under powering too much enough to blow it. that's a contradictory statement. literally makes no sense at all. I always think its funny how people can't just read thiele/small parameters. The subs rms is 1000. and your amp produces 1200 watts. 1200 is more than 1000. use your brain son

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1470
when you turn your vol down you decrease the power any way thats why your system is not all ways maxed, although you can probity push ~1500 watts to it just fine if you ever get a bigger amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13911
a BL typically does well with about 700WRMS. More than that, depending on enclosure design, runs the risk of damage to the driver.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 834
Im sure a fully loaded BL would be fine on 1200wrms. Ive been running my 15'' Q on a aq1200d for over 3mnths now whith out any issues. Just make sure you set the gain correctly an you will be fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
To JK- I called fi myself and they told me a fully loaded bl is around 1800 watts rms that's why I ask I'm not stupid do your reaserch son

To everyone else thanks for the help I just heard somewhere I forgot where that you can blow a sub if you underpower it

Silver Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 111
undepowering wont blow it, if that was true, youd have to drive around with ur vol on max, and turning it down would blow it...theres nothing wrong with underpowering unless you try to compensate by cranking ur gain up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Gottcha I understand now how do I know what to set my gain And all the other amp settings to?

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1477
you can set it by dmm or by ear, you set subsonic for ~2 or 3hz under your box tuning, don't bother with bass boost, leave phase at 0 unless you invert your sub, thats about it.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11461
and LPF around 80-100hz.

Most important thing is no bass boost.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Why no bass boost just wondering

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 172
Because bass boost creates a spike, typically at 40hz, in output. so at 40hz you have a clipped note with an un-natural punchy sound around that frequency.

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315AQ 2200

Post Number: 173
Because bass boost creates a spike, typically at 40hz, in output. Therefore you have a clipped note and a un-natural punchy sound at that frequency and close above and below it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
This site quenches my thirst for car audio knowledge

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15559
listen to them dont use bass boost

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13917
yup simply put, the bass boost circuit typically runs a good chance of causing the amp to clip. it also tends to spike at a really crappy frequency like 45Hz, that makes everything sound really boomy and overly warm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us