Kicker comp 10"

Username: Oscarbarrera

Post Number: 5
hey everybody i jus ordered 2 ten inch kicker comp subwoofers they should arrive friday, and i would just like to know what to expect of them.
i heard from many different people say kicker is a great brand and that kicker comps are great buy. BUT then i also heard people talk negatively about the kicker comps. i honestly hope i am not dissapointed in my purchase.

but can i get some feed back of what yall think about kicker comps if yall own some or jus heard some.

one more thing i have a amp that says "VAAM 1000m-08 mosfet power 1000w [max]" i am guessing VAAM is thhe brand has anyone every heard of this brand ? because i have not but this could be because im fairly new to car audio. and will this amp be great with my 2 kicker comp 10"?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16564
there r not much kicker subs fans on this forum since u can get better more durable brands for about the same price or a little more $

the lower kicker subs like comp & cvr r not too bad though

what did u pay for them ? ....

Post Number: 9
ohh i see, i hope they sound nice though.

i paid 89 dollars for too of them i thought it was not too bad , i actually got it in a special buy one get one free deal and free shipping so i think i did good by buying them.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 108
there good entry level subs. i had a pair in my jeep in a pre fab box off a kx200.2 (first setup) was decent i guess. they have good sq but spl wise nothin to brag about. just make sure you build a good box and get a decent amp to push em not that off the wall one you were talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 131
I use 2 kicker comp 12's in my man cave. little home stereo set up. you'll like them. for 89 bucks, you'll be happy. won't shake your car apart, but they will give you a little kick. no pun intended.

Post Number: 10
ok thats good to hear this is my first set up.

and i already have a box its decent im riding in a 03 silverado extended cab so there under the rear seats

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8121
well is not that good but will be ok for alil extra bas... is better than nothing...

for the money i would take some phoneix golds any day over the kickers...

but yeah man your not gonna excpect too much but if your not excpecting too much just alil bass....

well ull be ok man..

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 133
^^^ those pg rsd's are great bang for the buck subs. oscar, its like anything else, you will get used to the sound and want bigger and better. hang around the forum educate yourself more and more. you will turn into a car audio junky soon enough.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16566
oh well for that price incl s\h thats actually decent ...

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1108
Put them in a ported enclosure if you want to get the most out of them, that will help. They should do alright, and never having a system before, the difference should be rather drastic for you. For the money spent, you should be happy. If you ever plan to upgrade in the future, just give us a budget, let us know your expectations and we can always lend advice.

Silver Member
Username: Gutteer

Fort atkinson/Marshall, WI

Post Number: 134
trust the guys on the forum i had a little idea about what i wanted and what brands were out there but when i found this site they opened my eyes to what is absolute garbage( aka Kicker subs) and pretty dang good subs like Fi, Audioque, and others its in your best interest to stick around and let them suggest stuff to you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us