Not getting enough thump ?

Username: Tsherman

Post Number: 1
hey im Runnin a Audison Lrx 1.1K to a cerwin vega v-max 12.2 sub off a premiere deck .... welll im not gettin a whole lot of thump at low volumes but if i cranker up i get lots ah im just runnin the amp off of one channel i dont think i need to bridge this amp or do i ? also ive been readin up about 1 ohm and 2 ohm and 4 ohm but i just dont understand what i should be running maybe i just need to get a better sub ? any advice would be great oh ya and its in a vented box

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 242
Wire that sub in parallel to get your amp to run at 1ohm. That way you'll get the most out of your amp.

Just be sure to adjust the amps settings properly.

Very nice amp BTW.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 414
positive to positive, negative to to negative on the sub

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 979
1 post?then dipp out?wtf happened

Post Number: 3
i was out in camp but yo thanks but i did have the sub runnin parralel i got this feelin that my sub and box r just not doin it also i notice my sub is really stiff it doesnt push down so i took it out took a look at it and the voice coils were pretty warm after bumpin it is this right ? im gonna go buy a bassworx box switch from a vent to a port see what happens what you guys thinnk ?

Silver Member
Username: Gutteer

Fort atkinson/Marshall, WI

Post Number: 124
is the sub new? also i do believe im correct but all boxes that arent sealed are called ported not vented just to let you know also it could be your wiring or sub box itself it would be a better investment to get a custom made box for it anyway. Bassman3 does a lot of build for "E" members so im sure he could build you one at a decent price if you are intrested

Post Number: 4
the subs not new no yea im not sure if i wanna do that if i did id wanna get a custom build for the ext cab of my truck but thats later on to much money for me right now. im pretty sure the wiring is fine also my deck is probly liek 7 years old ? its weird cause some days it pounds and some days it doesnt

Silver Member
Username: Gutteer

Fort atkinson/Marshall, WI

Post Number: 125
its gotta be the wiring then cause even old equipment shouldnt just fade in and out

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 959
it could be your charging system, how much of a charge it has, the cheep china made caps and other parts in your head unit, the temperature at the time, oxadising wire, if your box moves around that can change how it sounds, how much ear wax you have that day.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15033
x2

Post Number: 5
lol yo so i found out that ive been cooking my voice coils how does this happen and also im pickin up a 12 ''W3 so hopefully that solves all my problems screw the vega

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 596
Clipping?

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 499
if u tell us ur budget we can help u choose a sub. also make sure ur gain and bass boost isnt to high. and ur low pass filter at 50-55 hz

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1003
is the W3 a JL product? lol.

Post Number: 6
i dont really have a budget i already had this sub runnin off a jbl 600.1 but upgraded to the audison lrx 1.1k i figured since the 12'' jl w3 can handle any where from 250 rms to a 1000 rms it would be a good match for my amp ? Sean P what do you mean by clipping

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 390
a single jl w3 wont handle more than 500 watts.. the new v3s are rated at 500 watts rms but they tell you there is very minimal gain from 300 to 500 watts and not go more than that, and i have had those subs before and it is true, i would say 2 jl w3s, but if you have no budget well there is plenty more sq subs out there you could buy instead.
clipping is probably what you were doing if you had the gains set too high.
if your gains are set at 3/4 to all the way up with bass boost, you are going to clip with the volume turned up, it is basically a distorted wave going to the sub, changing the current, changing the wave to a square type wave. sorry bad description lol

gains are not meant as volume control, as in, the higher you turn the gain up the louder the sub will play.. that is the wrong way to set gains.
your headunit has a pre out voltage and the idea is to set those gains to match that voltage according to your highest listening level.
i always set mine around half, leave my bass on the hu in the negatives and never turn the volume up past 75% and i never clip, my subs have been playing forever and whenever i take them out of the box to check them out, the coils are perfect.
set the low pass around 60 hz depending on the octaves, and set the subsonic to the tuning of the box, or close to it, or if the box is sealed whatever you prefer but i would stay around 25-30 hz more towards 30 depending on the driver

make some sense?
if you set your amps like that from now on, your music will sound better and no more blown subs

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1013
buy some audiopulse thump n rock

Post Number: 7
thats perfect thanks man sq great now

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Fcking H0M0S , Wear FipFlops!! US

Post Number: 4980
Sh!t My Treo SSI's are only rated for 750 rms so i ran 2500 rms. My TC Sounds is rated at like 2000rms so I ran 10K on it. Max rms is only a guideline for heavy footed tards that have no sense of control. Building a sound system is trial and error their is no set levels, no max anything it is what sounds good while retaining a non smoking environment lol. Setting gains via a dmm IMHO is useless but I guess it keeps the young whipper snappers out of harms way, unitl you play a song that has an overdriven level then dmm set gain will mean nothing. A seasoned ear is worth more than gold....

Polo.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1211
i am lazy and run a flat EQ lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us