Need help choosing

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 155
Okay, I have posted a similar thread to this, but now I am going to be more specific. I am looking for some opinions and information. I was looking into getting 2 JL Audio 12W3V3s and 1 500/1. Now I would like some opinions on some comparable setups. I already have a sealed enclosure and my budget is $600. I will consider ebay, etc. I am looking for new or near new. I will be putting this into an 06 Chevy Impala. Any questions, suggestions and/or opinions are welcome.

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 156
Sorry, I forgot to add that I am interested in JL, Fi, RE or DD.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 258
the older Re Se's even tho they don't have the right pic up for them.
http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/reaudiose12.aspx
and you can get much more power using a different amp. i recommend a sundown amp
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sundown-Audio-SAZ-1000D-Class-D-Amplifier-1000-WATTS-/180486 096266?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item2a05cf458a

there it is a good set up that will sound very clean and be very affordable, with products like these if you ever decide to sell you won't take a huge loss. plus its all brand new and covered with warranties
will sound very clean with a sealed box

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 157
No offense, but I have never heard of Sundown, anyone else heard of or used this? I do appreciate the info, love those REs. Thank you, I will def take those into consideration. PS Love the prices.

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
well look up sundown on youtube, high high quality parts, underrated at 12.8 volts while jl does rated power at 14.4.
i myself run sundown and use Re audio subs and i must say i am quite happy with the performance and quality of sound

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 158
Okay, no problem. I really do appreciate your input. I did not mean anything by what I previously said. I am REALLY considering this setup. THANK YOU very much!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 399
yea sundown makes great products and has some of the best customer service around, you wont be disappointed with them. i run a sundown amp myself. and ive read that dealercostaudio.com is a scam. dont kno if its true or not but im not gonna test it. also check out http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store they have alot of quality subs n you may want to check out audioque.com- its a sister company of dd

Silver Member

Post Number: 260
oh wow where did you hear it was a scam at?
I would stay away from them then, if you want very good sound quality i say go with 2 jl w3v3s, they sound absolutely amazing and would work wonderfully with the sundown amp, I think they only sell in single voice coils, so 2 2 ohm svc subs would give you 1 ohm to get maximum performance, or if they do come in dual voice coils 2 4 ohm dvcs would also give you 1 ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
here check this out
http://cgi.ebay.com/RE-Audio-SE12D4-Sub-New-Box-/160440495587?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Ca r_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item255affade3

the guy says he has 2 of them, i say email him and see what he says, thats a great price, and its the right voice coils you would need

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 400
I read it on a forum awhile back, idk if it was this one or not.
ssa dcons or ia 187s both run about 115 bucks each. 2 of those in a sealed box on a saz 1000 or a audioque 1200 would be a very nice setup on that budget. And you'd have almost a 100 bucks left for nice 4 gauge amp wiring kit.

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 169
^ X2

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 159
What about this deal: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D360264980446&rvr_id=&crlp =1_263602_263622&UA=WXI6&GUID=e76d09e11280a0b584521712ffd638f0&itemid=3602649804 46&ff4=263602_263622

Are these the same?

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 443
Yea, save yourself a headache an stay away from dealercostcaraudio. They d!cked me over on some stuff i ordered. Though they did give me my money back... 4 months later.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16390
apart from RE audio on ebay to me it seems like the SSA store & Audioque has the best bang for buck deals around these days ....

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 160
What would you recommend on the SSA store? What about this item number on ebay: 360264980446? Thanks. Rovin I really appreciate your input.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11147
I always knew something looked shady about that dealercost store. Hifisound connection sure is, had to learn that one from expierence.

I am still fighting with them over a part they didn't send me.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 590
i have 4 12" jl w3 v2 in a box tuned to 47hz, it sounds great and they are way underpowered and i still hit a crisp 140.8, very good subs imo, way better stuff out there though.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 920
Just to clear up a previous statement, the JL slash series do their rated power from 11.5 volts to 14.4.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us