Subwoofer enclosure calculator

Silver Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 106
Does anyone know if the12volt.com's subwoofer volume calculator accurately works? I mean i'm sure it does but on SSA's site the 2 12's recommended box size is L36xW14.5xH25 and it's 4 cubes. When i type in those dimensions on the12volt it shows about 6 cubes.. Sooo? That's 2 cubes less after displacement? i don't think so right.. I'm just trying to get some dimensions on a box. I'm thinknin of switching to 2 15's from 2 12's. BUT 2 12's in 4^3 ft. is that going to be more efficient/louder and sound better than 2 15's in about 5.5^3 ft. ?? ported. i want to go ported but i'm not sure if i want to go sealed to save space. But i don't want that loss in output if going sealed.

...xcons.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 338
go with the 12s in that box. those xcons are amazing subs! they get down lowww never heard anything sound so good so low.
after port displacement you would be around 4.3 cu ft with no bracing, if you brace the box you can be close to 4.0
i used port dimensions of 7 in wide 13 in high and 30 in deep to give a tuning close to 33 hz, but bracing would change that.
that gives you about 15.2 sq in of port per cu ft which is perfect. lots of air and no noise
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us