What would you pair with a JL Audio 500/1??

Silver Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 162
I'm looking for great SQ, with the benefit of higher output from multiple drivers. I listen to a variety of music from dance/techno to hiphop to rock to jazz to classical to old school funk to stuff like Dave Matthews band. Pretty much want my set up to sound great and blend nicely with my new hertz hi energy comps :-).

I don't really have a budget, just looking to see whats going to be my best options to get the most use out of my amp. Most likely I will wait for a good deal and buy used. Any ideas? Two 10s, three 10s, two 12s? I'm open to anything.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 262
I have a 500/1 currently pushing a 12 w7. The sub is only at half power but still sounds well. If you're looking for SQL I'd recommend a w7 for you. You could also go with a w3 which is rated at 500 rms, so those would pair up nicely.

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
Is your 12 sealed or ported?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2950
Id compliment them with w6's? I've never heard a w6 in person, but from what I've heard they sound really good. OR wait until TC sounds comes back in business and pick up something from them

Actually if I had those 2 amps, id sell them on ebay and use the funding for a nice big zenon based amp to power my apx with lol.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 266
Ported, 2 cubic feet tuned at 32 Hz, I had Dustin build it for me. Made a nice difference.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 267
If you want to go loud, I'd say the w7 but if you're looking more for SQ the w3 or w6 may be a little better. I also have a hatchback car, if you had a larger vehicle you may need more power for a w7.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 268
Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uujb9CmCsHc

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
That is a very nice setup! But too big of box for what I'm lookin right now lol. I've thought of getting my self two 10in w6v1 used off craigslist... but they are hard to come by these days. I have seen a pair of 10w3v2 subs... anyone know how these would compare to a w6v1?

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 270
You can find the w3 woofers online for a very nice price. For the money they are a great deal. I found a 10 w3 for $139 shipped the other day. The w3s also don't require near as large of a box as the w7, that is one of their down falls. You could do one 10 or 12" w3 ported and it wouldnt take up too much room or weigh a ton.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us