Im a noobie help

Username: Lapimpskeet

Post Number: 1
hey guys ive got a couple questions about which would be the best sound system to go with in my car. First question, my friend is trying to sell me two Memphis 12" M3's with a 1000 watt A1 amp i think it is? the only problem is they are like three years old, he doesnt play them much at all and he said something about still smelling the coils...lol

Hes offering me $200 for both subs and $100 for the amp. Also a new capacitor for $100 and hes willing to help me install it for free but i also would have to purchase a head unit, wires and a box(which by the way i asked a owner of a audio store and he said my best bet was to get a sealed box for those type of subs). Is this a good deal?

If not...what other subs are good that are cheap but good sounding? i dont want any piece of garbage. I have a car so they would be going in my trunk and i mostly listen to rap/hip hop. Also what do u think of hifionics and mmatts? Im looking to spend around $500-600.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5587
If those M3's are as fresh as you say they are and if the amp in question is the 16PR1, that's about as good as you can do at that price. I say buy em, skip the cap, have him help you with a box and get some Knu wire and a $200ish Pioneer deck. That's a fairly decent starter system for rap.

Username: Lapimpskeet

Post Number: 3
Im thinking about purchasing three 10" MTX sledgehammer in a loadedbox for a decent price. Would this be good with a Pheonix gold 1600 watt monoblock amp? and u think louder then the memphis's?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5590
Fail. gtfo.

Sorry, I have a new 2010 low-tolerance-for-stupidity credo.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4821
LOL! I feel you Brad.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1531
"Sorry, I have a new 2010 low-tolerance-for-stupidity credo."
bahaha

<< will be used as my new quote

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 254
AQ1200D - $249 shipped.
Fi SSD - (can't get a price atm)
Custom enclosure built by one of the guys on here - $100 - $200

That amp and sub setup would go well together. There are other sub options you could go with. Run the sub at a 2 ohm load to the aq1200d and it shouldnt be too much of a strain on your electrical. Having a custom built enclosure is going to be key to achieving good SPL. You can upgrade to a Fi BL or even a BTL if you wanted to spend the extra money. The SSD is a good sub on a budget.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us