Alternators...and batteries

Suicide-Shifter
Unregistered guest
im getting 2 shivas and i havent decided on a 600.1 or a 1200.1 amp. will my alternator not be able to put out enough energy, am i going to need to get a better batery or is there something that i can get to save power? what can i do to save power or produce more power?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 399
What kind of car do you have? The factory alternators of cars can be much different, some come with 35 amps and they can go up to the 120-130 amp range.

Suicide-Shifter
Unregistered guest
I have a crysler cirrus...

Suicide-Shifter
Unregistered guest
could someone please help me here?

Suicide-Shifter
Unregistered guest
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 421
Cirruses come with 90 amp alternators if I'm not mistaken. The 600.1 should be o.k. with that with regular use, it depends on how hard you run it, but at full output with a lot of the car's accessories running it will probably pull too much for the alternator to handle. It'll pull about 60 amps, maybe more, but take account that your car's computer, ignition, CD player, instruments, A/C, Power windows, etc. will also pull current, probably more than 30 amps. Not to mention that an alternator that runs at full output all the time will fail much quicker than a high output alternator that isn't working as hard to keep the charge up to par. Keep this in mind if you listen to your music at ridiculously loud levels. The 1200.1 at full draw will pull much, much more than that alternator can put out. A battery isn't really going to help except lasting longer when the car is off. The alternator is the heart of the electrical system.

Suicide-Shifter
Unregistered guest
Thanks...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us