Couple Question for ya'll

Anonymous

Heres my problem, I bought some cheapy equipment off ebay:
Cuspid AMP-1600w AM-4xxx
2x 12" 600w sub
price: cheap
Now for the questions...
I have a 90' ford ranger pickup extended cab. My friend says that the box that I am making for the rear seat has to be a certain size to fit the subs or else they'll blow... is that true? If so, where can I go about finding the specs of the subs because I havent got them yet(there being mailed). Also, where can I find the information on how to build my sealed box based on these specs

Bronze Member
Username: Alpinepower

Canada

Post Number: 47
Create a box to manufactures suggested box size generally found on their website to get the best sound. Sealed boxes with not enough air space can give you a higher frequency bass and a compressed sound.

I dont think the subs will explode from the pressure but most boxes for pickups are about 1/2 foot high by the width of the cab and place under the rear seat.

Anonymous

There arises another problem that I noticed, Cuspid's website is hard to find(google searched it). Also the Back of my truck has the little chairs that fold into the wall, so basically... the box can be any shape or size. thx for your input

Bronze Member
Username: Alpinepower

Canada

Post Number: 49
Try another manufactures website with specs and look at what they recommend for a their similar speaker, just if u want a ballpark.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 284
Don't do that. Many manufacturers make many different speakers for many different enclosures. He can't tell if there is a "similar" speaker without finding specs on it. The only thing he knows is the subs are 12's. 12 boxes can range from .5 cu ft to 2-3 cu ft. sealed. Try to find an online retailer that sells them, some will give a recommended enclosure.

Anonymous

Maybe i'll just wait a little bit for the speakers to come and then build the box. I was just looking forward to putting these in my truck asap... thx for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us