Sub Choice For 05' GTO

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Ky USA

Post Number: 165
Ok. So I'm trying to decide a good setup for a 2005 Pontiac GTO. I have been thinking about a single DD 3512, put an amp on it with about 1200 RMS. Mostly be playing rock/metal music, so lows arnt required, but are nice. Budget for amp/sub(s) is around $1000. Trunk space is kinda limited. I kinda wanted to keep it stock electrical, and I'm not sure what the alt puts out stock [anyone know?] and I figured 1500RMS would be more than enough. So any good ideas for sub-age for a car like this? and amp to match for around 1000 max?

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 699
My opinion is a little biased but...

2 Audioque SDC 2.510 or 2 SDC2.512 ON
1 Audioque aq1200

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2077
How about 1 12" HDC3 on a Audioque 1200 amp?

www.audioque.com

What part of KY are you from? Im in northern KY.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1868
Whatever you get, I would go no less than 1000 rms. I can't stand when the gas tank is between the trunk and cabin. May have to fire through the back deck.

You may like the sound of the RD Alpha single spyder version on a 1000D. I listen to alot of hardcore metal and they keep up very nice and easy :-)

Kevin

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 167
Hmm, sounds pretty good kevin. can you give me possible prices on that? and twiztid, im in eastern kentucky...like on the border of WV. my mom, however, lives in central like an hour south of lexington.

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 168
Ok, sorry for the back-to-back post...didnt feel like editing, heh. But I been looking at audioque for the past few minutes, and I like the idea of a single HDC312 or HDC315 on an AQ1200D. Get D2 sub, wire it down to 1ohm on this amp. according to the website, that would be 1200rms to the sub. but im sure this sub could handle way more, but thats fine with me. this way i dont have to do any electrical upgrades, and this isnt all that expensive. amp is 250, sub is 230-250, plus shipping. so around 600 bucks i assume. but I cant find any recommend box specs for AQ subs. trunk in the GTO is not all that big heh. Also, ported or sealed?

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3552
AQ1200D

On

1)T3 Audio TSS 12"15"
2)T3 Audio TS 10"12"

or

1)DD3500 12"15"
2)DD2500 10"12"
2)DD1500 10"12"

or

1)RD Alpha V1 12"15"
2)RD Classic 10"12"

or

1)Fi BL 12"15"
1)Fi Q 12"15"

or

1)RE SX 12"15"
2)RE SE 10"12"

or

1)Soundsplinter RL-p 12"15"
2)Soundsplinter RL-i 10"

And many more

Gold Member

Post Number: 3553
ALL AQ and DD subs are for vented boxes.

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 169
well I am looing for SQ. that is my main priority. Im liking the pricing of the AQ subs also. With the trunk space I have availabe, I will prolly go 1 15" or 1 12". cant be bigger than 3 cu. ft.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 930
if you are looking for sq, i would go with either a q or a rl-p
and the rl-p > q

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1869
Derek, you can shoot me an email for prices.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 170
Kevin, email sent. Kyle, who makes rl-p? never heard of it before.

Silver Member

Post Number: 932
www.soundsplinter.com
rl-p is more of an spl subwoofer (although there has been talk about the meaning of the term "sql" i think you understand what i mean)
and also look at the rl-s. it is a really nice sq driver

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 171
well, spl is definatly out. i mean, i hate my friends L5 12"s. I hate it. SQL, possibly...but SQ is what I like. so the rl-s, may be a posibility.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 888
rl-s gets LOWWWwwwwww

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2078
Yea if its pure SQ you want then i wouldnt consider any AQ or DD subs. Another option could be a Boston Acoustics G5 or JL w6 either would sound great on a nice clean 500wrms amp.

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 172
rl=s is pretty expensive from what im seeing. And lows, well they arnt crazy important. again, metal/rock will be listened to.

arnt the RE SX series SQ? What about RD Alpha series? Are they any good on SQ? Kevin is trying to hook me up on on Alpha, but I personally have never heard one. Feed back on those?

Silver Member

Post Number: 934
i would say that the re sx is more oriented towards spl
look at the re se if you want more sq
i dont know much about the alpha but i hear that they are good and kevin is known to give good deals to people on here

Silver Member

Post Number: 935
if i were you i would seriously consider the rl-p. i have personal experience with it and the sq on it is great. it is also really efficient. you can move that thing off a a clean 800 watts and it will love it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3554
AQ1200D and a Fi Q12" or 15" would sound good.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20795
"Whatever you get, I would go no less than 1000 rms. I can't stand when the gas tank is between the trunk and cabin. May have to fire through the back deck.

You may like the sound of the RD Alpha single spyder version on a 1000D. I listen to alot of hardcore metal and they keep up very nice and easy :-)

Kevin"

i can vouch for the single spider rd alpha. its an insanely clean sounding sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3555
Oh yeah don't forget about the JBL W15GTi MKII but don't forget its a dual 6ohm sub.

W15GTi MKII on a Phoenix Gold X1200.1 also sound good.

PG X1200.1 is 1200RMS at 1-4ohm. (Nice Amp)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us