I need help picking out a sub and amp

Username: Jrob0107

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 1
i need help you guys.im new to this web site.i didnt even know that there was one like this.i dont like going to the stores and it seems like all of the good audio shops around here have closed down or moved.i am looking for a great quality 15" sub that hits good and is very clear and not likely to blow.i do know stuff about adio but not alot about brands because im not in the industry.i dont mind buying from ebay or online.that type of stuff is cool.i need an amp that will compliment the sub also.i already have a vented box so i dont need that but i will need wiring but i can find that stuff.let me know what yall think.please let me know asap

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7663
Some things we need info on to recommend you a system are the following:

Budget
Vehicle
Sub type(SPL(Loud),SQL(Loud and sounds good),SQ(Sounds great but doesn't get loud)

Number of subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 7664
Err, I just read your post again and I see that you're looking more for "SQL".

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 2
yeah i want it loud and and be able to hit the highs and the way lows.even the mids.good clear sq but still loud.it will be going in a 97 honda prelude.i dont want it to way a freaking ton either.im thinkin like no more than 500 for the sub but i wold like to keep the price as low as i can.i know i will have to spend big bucks for something that is the best but it doesnt have to blow a competition away.just the little punks that go to best buy or circuit city and think they are bad az

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1722
Hey Josh, I am sure we can help you. First off, what kind of budget are you working with? What kind of car do you have? What kind of music do you listen to daily? Is your box a pre-fab, o do you know what it is tuned too?

Kevin

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1723
I am slow haha. d@mmit Rob :-)

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 7667
I'd look into one of these:

http://www.rdaudio.net/alpha/alpha.htm

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 3
i listen to rock and country and rap but i will really only be using it when i am listening to rap.i guess it is pre fab cause i bought it off of ebay.it is a huge box though

Gold Member

Post Number: 7668
Also, Josh, you're going to need to get a custom box to get the full potential out of whatever subwoofer you do decide to go with. The subwoofer I posted a link to can also be purchased through Kevin Holden who is a dealer and can probably get you a bit of a better price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7669
Well, it would be good if you could find out the volume of that pre-fabricated box that you have and the tuning of it(the frequency it is tuned to(example:40HZ)).

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 4
which one of the rd's would you recomened for what i am wanting to do?where would i buy one of these at?

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1724
I would say no more than 1000rms on that charging system, unless you want to get a battery and upgrade some wires.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 126
get rid of the prefab box. Try lopokind at the alpin e type r or alpine type x subs... Both are loud and decent sq. You will get a lot of different recommendations. all will probably work for you... Just be prepared to get a custom box for whatever sub you decid3e on.

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 5
to kevin,
what type of wires are you talking about and battery for he car or for the trunk

Silver Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 127
wow... i had a sh!tload of type-o's!

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 6
if i go with an r 12 should i get a 2 or 4 ohm

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 7
rob
i the elite series sounds like something im talking about.what do you think?it is 1000 wat rms.where could i get a box that is designed for that and an amp that compliments it?

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 8
rob
i the elite series 12 sounds like something im talking about.what do you think?it is 1000 wat rms.where could i get a box that is designed for that and an amp that compliments it?

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1725
Well, we have a single spyder RD Alpha 15 that is VERY efficient and off 1000rms will get loud and stay very clean. Will keep up with double kicks in rock music. We will need to get you a custom box built. You are not too far from us really, we buid boxes in Carrollton, GA, west of ATL off I-20. Chad Lee on here runs a Alpha 15 and 1000D and loves it. Shoot me an email, we can meet up and help you install as well.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 128
1 12... get 2 ohm voice coils then 1 ohm stable amp

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 9
one 12 or 2 12s.i used to have 2 audiobahn 12s but it just didnt sound good when i got too loud

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5017
Alpha or Elite > Type E, Type R, Type X. I would try the Elite. No one else has on this forum has the v2 and it is supposed to sound badass.

Silver Member

LakeCharles LA., La

Post Number: 129
I have not heard the v.2 so I cant say...

Gold Member

Post Number: 7671
I'd go with a 15'' Alpha with a single SPIDER(Lol, Kevin) and an efficient 1000 watt RMS amplifier in a recommended enclosure for the subwoofer.

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1726
The Elite's are not in stock as of now, but should be in this month. If anything changes I will let you gys know :-)

Kevin

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 10
kevin,i sent you an email.let me know when they are.can you build a custom box for that sub?i still need to find an amp too

Gold Member

Post Number: 5047
I'm not sure if Kevin builds boxes or not, but BJ Fischer and JD from East Coast Enclosures do fantastic jobs. You may want to contact them for a quote.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7158
Theres no c in fisher.

www.fishercustoms.com

Also

www.woodlawncabintery.com

For your box.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 265
how about a D615D4 Diamond audio sub their sq is beautiful and get loud as well if you put a 1000rmms to it it will sound great and diamond strongly recommends ported enclosures for their D6 line the sub is only 750 rms but will easly with stand a 1000 rms daily i have two 15's in my s-10 one of the cleaner sq subs i have ever heard and they do get very loud

Gold Member

Post Number: 5050
Excuse me. I lost a little respect for Phil after his angry episode about the new Mag.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7162
^^^^^ What? Link now.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15616
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/467494.html

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1116
kevin is right the elite or the alpha is a great choice for the application. look in to the rd 1000 amp to match it or a sundown.

Bronze Member

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 11
do you guys know of anybody that could build a custom fiberglass box that will work with this sub and be able to paint it the color of my car?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5936
get this, there last one. won't be dissapointed in it.
http://www.millionbuy.com/ozame154.html

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1119

Bronze Member

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 12
omg that is way cheaper than i have been hearin and seein them.thanks man.you can't beat that price

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1729
Our box guy can do fiberglass work as well. I have a fiberglasser that has great talent here as well. Here is some of his work.
http://www.minitruckinweb.com/features/0405mt_scion_xb/index.html

He did all of the fiberglass on that Scion, and now helps me. Also, I am free to meet up with you anytime this week to let you hear the Alpha.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 13
i dont know what type of car i am getting now.it will more than likely be an integra or a prelude so it shouldnt matter a hole lot.thanks for that fiberglass guy.he looked very talented.i will let you know when i can come and met you kevin.it just might be a couple of weeks

Platinum Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1368
"Excuse me. I lost a little respect for Phil after his angry episode about the new Mag."

lol

Chad Lee is selling his RD 1000.1D for $225 shipped in the F/S.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 5166
Damn, Kevin. I had NO clue any of your guys did work like that. Very Impressive.

Bronze Member

Flowery branch, Ga

Post Number: 14
is it new or used?

Platinum Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1375
its used but he takes very good care of his stuff.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/468659.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us