Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9084
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4422437#post4422437

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1798
Looks kinda ugly. I was expecting better.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3423
good post yanks. those are insanely ugly. SI fvucked up big time....

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9087
Yea I'm not a fan of the looks but if they perform how they say they will, then I guess people can overlook the looks

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19762
see thats the thing yanks. didn't the new ones drop alot in price compared to the originals? makes me wonder if they went the cheap route to get more sales thus sacrificing quality.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1277
lol they tried make there subs look diff then all the other subs out and they sure did accomplished that. ITS SUPER UGLY!!!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5930
i don't care what they look like, i already have the money sitting in paypal ready for one. and at the price they are going to sell at, i might just get two.

and honestly, how many people run their subs inverted anyways?

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 625
I just don't get you people, what the he!! does the look/appearance have anything to do with how a subwoofer performs, it's inside a fr!ggin box where you won't see the d@mn thing???

I used to have an old 66 nova that looking like a royal piece of sh!t, but it didn't stop me from kickin the sh!t out of Fords, Mopars and Dodges.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9088
Yea they are going to be about $275 shipped if I recall correctly. I hope they didn't go the cheap route Chad, but knowing SI, I doubt they did. I'm sure these subs will perform as expected and could even cause more people wanting slimmer subs. Who knows, maybe we are starting to see the start of a new trend.

Silver Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 190
It may look ugly but u cant see it unless its inverted. I wonder wat the cone looks like though cause its not shown

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19763
i like the looks. i love that shallow mount sub as well. finally a good company comes out with a nice shallow mount sub.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5689
"I just don't get you people, what the he!! does the look/appearance have anything to do with how a subwoofer performs, it's inside a fr!ggin box where you won't see the d@mn thing??? "

x2

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 4947
it just looks cheap in general and the price of the sub dropped 50%... i never thought i would complain about that, but i think SI dropped the ball. that mag is like pure sq now.. its like a shitty w6...

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5931
how can you say the new mag. is like a shitty w6? have you heard one? know someone that has one and did a comparision to the w6?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5692
no reece hasnt hes just thinks b/c it doesnt have a traditional 12 spoke basket or a magnet that is extremely huge it must be a terrible subwoofer....judging a book by its cover!?!?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5932
"judging a book by its cover!?!?"

x2. i think it's funny how people are bitc_hing that the new mag. looks ugly so it must be cheap/poor quality/not a good sub without any type of knowledge or experience with it at all. there was even a test that showed it had better output on the same power as the last mag. (if i recall corrctly) and had better sq/better lows.

imo better performance/more efficient/better sq for a cheaper price, less weight, less power requirement, and a smaller space requirement is a huge plus, no matter what the basket looks like. i'll never see it once in the box anyways. all this from the same well known/respected company, i don't think you could go wrong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5694
^the glass is half full good job mike:-)

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3513
well it will be great for small area apllications. if that's what you need. the mounting depth is def. plus.but not a sub that is for me. I thought they should just make it a new different line and keep making the mag. def an sq sub.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19764
ctmike, i never said because of the looks it should be cheaper. i was simply pointing out the fact that the previous mag 12 price tag was much more expensive than the new one. now they must of done something to reduced the cost like use cheaper parts. its just a speculation. i never said it was for real though cause you and i both know i haven't heard the new one yet. so relax man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5696
lol its funny how people associate cost with performance....

the AQ HD3c is cheaper then the old HD3 so it MUST lack in performance....did these thoughts arrise???? i bet if the new mag looked the same but was cheaper none of you would think much of it other then "yes a great sub for less"

Gold Member

Post Number: 4952
i did make a rash judgement but they go from a great sql sub to a tiny little sq sub... just not my thing. i am guessing it will sound worse than a w6 though...

david, david, david... you do realize you just proved chad's point. REGARDLESS of performance the sub is going to be much more cheaply made. you don't make a driver louder, have better sq, and be tiny and reduce the cost by 50% without cutting corners somewhere.

as for it being louder than the mag on the same power... are you talking 300 watts mike? i thought i saw they were making these ~600 and said its not wise to overpower by much...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19765
point out where i said because it was cheaper the performance was too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4954
no im saying cheaper parts chad...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4955
the cost HAD to be cut somewhere... unless SI just robbed everyone blind before...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19767
no reece my comment was for david.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5698
"point out where i said because it was cheaper the performance was too."

point out were i said chad lee.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19768
i was the only one that mention about the cost. everyone else just talked about the ugly basket (which i happen to like). also you made that statement right after mine so i assumed. if it wasn't towards me then my bad dude.

Silver Member

Post Number: 626
When Malik came by saturday to pick up his box for the Mag 15 were got to talking about how car audio folks associate looks/costs to performance.

I told him I don't give a sh!t how something looks as long as it performs what it's designed to do.

And here we are talking about this and I can help but wonder how many folks p!ssed away money on subs they thought were all that only to b!tch later that they totally sucked and weren't worth what they spent for what they thought they would be bass/performance wise.

It amazes me how one or many peoples perception of a few people's opinions can make or break a product without any creditable foundation what so ever.

It like movie critic's, they either like to dislike a movie for whatever reason, therefore, they most know how the majority will like or dislike the movie.

I guess the same holds true for subwoofer critic's ......... LOL, WTF!!!!!

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9089
Who was the statement in regard to then Dave?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19769
phil its funny you say that cause no one said it was gonna perform bad. people were just expressing their opinions on the basket. everyone knows from si reputation from the previous subs that the there won't be any question when it comes to performance.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1283
Yeah but LOOKS comes along with whatever your buying...whether it be a house, car, cell phones, clothes, sub box, and etc....

lol why do you think they make new cars every year with better looks because thats what some people want along wit the performance...and there are those out there who doesnt care what it looks like...so everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, without opinions nothing will ever change... lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4961
we got so caught up talking about the mag we havent even acknowledged how ugly the BM is... it looks like a volfenhag...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5703
it was obviously directed towards chad...but then i noticed he didnt say that directly but his statement seemed to imply it by like reece put it "cutting corners"

Silver Member

Post Number: 627
OK, Chad, my bad, but you did say " makes me wonder if they went the cheap route to get more sales thus sacrificing quality."

Now, generally speaking and I'm not assuming anything, thus, when quality is sacrificed, what generally happens???

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19771
i guess i need to be more specific. but i thought you guys know me well enough that i aint' that naive to think you have to pay more money for performance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5706
"Now, generally speaking and I'm not assuming anything, thus, when quality is sacrificed, what generally happens???"

IM GUESSING PERFORMANCE IS SACRAFICED!!!!

"i thought you guys know me well enough that i aint' that naive to think you have to pay more money for performance."

guess we dont

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19773
no you don't then.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4964
"i thought you guys know me well enough that i aint' that naive to think you have to pay more money for performance."

since when do you not get what you pay for? not necessarily saying because something is more expensive its better, but we you look from company to company and you know the quality is going to be there, i would honestly feel safer with a more expensive products. ex. i would rather own DD than AQ.

Silver Member

Post Number: 628
Ahhhhh, Fug it, this sh!t can rage on and on.

The new mag will speak for itself.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5714
"Ahhhhh, Fug it, this sh!t can rage on and on.

The new mag will speak for itself."

i guess well just wait for a review

Gold Member

Post Number: 4967
i'm interested to see how it performs from an unbiased user.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 643
The new MAG is not really meant for the average ecoustics/CA/ROE/SMD member. The amount of people who run less then 1000 watts, use a small sealed box, and worry about mounting depth, is a small fraction of the population on the Internet crowd. I am not saying running 1000+ watts to a larger sub in a ported enclosure is bad, just a different market segment.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5933
even more good news:

"The new Mag's are going to be $249 shipped and the BM's are going to be $149 shipped."

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1801
Damn. This thread blew up from when I first saw it in 5th hour.

I skimmed the whole thing and I agree that if it performs well than whats the difference.

But that doesnt mean we cant have an opinion on how it looks...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19775
phil, how about this. okay you have a $500 hooker and a $50 hooker. they both can perform their duties but why spend more money on the better hooker? quality. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5721
sounds to me like thats an everyday dilema for you chad....

Silver Member

Post Number: 629
Who said anything about no one can have an opinion????

If the sole reason for buying or not buying a subwoofer because it looks ugly, then, don't buy it based on that, it's that simple.

Yes, I will admit that appearances are everything, but, I am not going to base my decision on buying something solely on the appearance/looks.

That's MY OPINION.

Silver Member

Post Number: 630
Chad, if your making analogies that hooker's are like subwoofers, sounds like personal problem, not my problem.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19778
just trying to lighten the mood man. but i had no idea you and drivingreckless were on your periods. sorry i even brought this up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4973
Haha... Don't get all worked up, Phil.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 864
i like the price
i would like to see some pictures of the cone
i might run a couple of those sealed instead of an rlp 18

Gold Member

Post Number: 5723
"just trying to lighten the mood man. but i had no idea you and drivingreckless were on your periods. sorry i even brought this up."

ROFL yeah im on my period chad an your the tampon im bleeding on hows that metaphor for you

Gold Member

Post Number: 4976
a similie is a comparison using like or as....

Gold Member

Post Number: 5727
metaphor.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4978
there ya go "college" boy

Gold Member

Post Number: 5731
i think your the college boy
cuz community doesnt count... "ryche" boi

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19780
oh i am so insulted.

anyways i am done with pieces of sh!t like dave.

you are smart man. you know it all. you are the next glasswolf dave. (little sarcasm in case your stupid community college brain dont' realize)

anyways just keeping it real man. peace out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4983
that's why i put quotes around it, genius. hahaha...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5737
lol chad i could give two damns what you think. your about as important to this forum as reece is...

nah there will never be another glasswolf..

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
Chad, I was trying to keep it civil right up the to point you started tossing out insults and acting like were all supposed to know how you think as to how we're to perceive what you say vs what you actually mean.

Intelligence don't count for much when you have to start tossin out insults when the sh!t hits the fan.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5739
"Intelligence don't count for much when you have to start tossin out insults when the sh!t hits the fan."

thats the thing with alot of people on here when they cant think of anything else they just start insulting...its w/e jsut a forum you know its not like this is their life??? is it?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19781
like you said before, this can go on and on. lets just leave at that. i do however retract my last statement about the period thing. that was uncalled for.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9091
No idea this thread would have gone this way.

I'm waiting to see a review from someone on here I know.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3444
Looks something like the MA Audio subs.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 595
this thread blew up like no ones business....

what happened? lol

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15556
I don't like either subs. The BM looks like a hub cap and the mag looks like something from a pawn shop.

JMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4991
agreed.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6128
wow never seen chad get angry

the subs dont look good probably a bad idea as thats the first thing you see before you buy it. you can hear how great it sounds over the internet.

chances are though ill look into getting 2 12s the shallow mount will be good for my next project.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 751
Not the best looking subs that for sure but once it is in the box, and if it sounds good, I could care less.

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud until it ...

Post Number: 313
I hope they offer color customization....

Upload
Upload
Upload

or pehaps i can get my basket chromed..

But on a serious note, for all the hype im hearing....im definately gonna try one....

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1288
^^^lmao look at the legacy one, it looks exactly like it the design atleast. haha

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud until it ...

Post Number: 314
Yeah, i agree state..

I sure hope it doesnt turn out similar to the senario between Jl and ED with patent designs...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us