Ultimate Sub below 1000 $ wanted

Bronze Member
Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 24
For some it may sound a lot of money, but my experience confirmed, very good stuff cost money.
I'm looking for THE subwoofer (one only) for very good SQ. But if needed and in a black mood, the vibes should shake your body that it's gettin hard to breath. The single Sub should not cost more than around one G and should start feeling good at around 500w sinus. My favourite so far is the new JL 12W7. Boston Pro was recommended as well. If anyone can give me some clues what to look for, I really apreciate. Also I think the size should not exceed 12" to keep maximum flexibility regarding music selection. thanx

Anonymous

Well you stopped that lol I was going to say get a JL 13W7 those will pound HARD I have 2 of them running off 2 JL 1000/1 amps and they rock. But since you don't want anything over a 12 then that 12W7 should be great too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
well, ok, it's not only the flexibility in music selection...

the 13w7 retails around 1800 US$, while I can get the 12w7 at around 1200 US$ over here. Plus it comes with two coils and I wanted to power this baby with only one strong amp....

...still I wonder if you max. up those two you installed, you can actually die because your heart will get out of beat...did you ever hear them at max. volume and still live? what kind of car do you have? a school bus?

Anonymous

what they are not $1800.00 here they are 700.00 you need to look at this site. www.acaraudio.com

Anonymous

I got a Ford explorer and yeah I have had them at max one time buy I didn't turn it up I got a friend to do it since he was so worried about hearing them. I really wasn't going to get them but the guy at the audio shop was pushy as he!!. He told me if I would just let them install the system so I cound hear it he would give me the whole set up for 2800.00 So I told him to be my guest have at it. Once they was installed and I heard them man It just wasn't no getting them back out of there so I think I got one hell of a deal out of it. And if you want to know they hit between 151.2Db and 160.3 depending on what bass cd is playing in there.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 625
"the 13w7 retails around 1800 US$, while I can get the 12w7 at around 1200 US$ over here."

what are you smoking man? lol you can get a 13w7 brand new from authorized dealer with the factory warranty for under $900 USD

anyways, look at eclipse titanium 12" sub, handles 750w rms and hit 1.5" xmax 1 way which is about 43mm 1 way...12w7 is 29mm 1 way and the eclipse can get damn loud too

runs for like $600 new from authorized dealer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
well, I'm sitting in Germany and US products are taxed extremely high. plus the Euro is too strong at the moment. so the 13W7 retails at 1800 US$ - and I have seen them more expensive at other german stores.

to your question if I'm smoking. I live 15min to the holland border. there you go in a pub and order the weed brand you like (out of maybe 20), totally legal. there are also no more checkpoints from germany to holland, so smoking is quite an alternative to drinking in my area and cops don't mind if you don't carry more than for your personal use. so, weed is not a media monster like in the states. we had a discussion lately in parliament to legalize it nationwide, since in holland it works very well. did you know that the US censored the research report of the World Health Organisation about weed. Guess why, because weed is so dangerous? still I prefer a good german beer, maybe thats what I like best about germany.

Anyway, eclipse sounds like an interesting option. the specs promise it to be loud, but can anyone tell if the SQ can match a JL, because SQ is my main priority.

Silver Member

Post Number: 627
hmm well SQ i havent heard them side by side but they are damn nice for SQ

and i guess id believe it now with what you said..lol...guess i had my head too far up my a$$ heh yeah anyways, i have no interest in weed at all...not that anyone cares

those eclipses are optimized for a small (~1.2 cF) sealed boxes with that amount of power, you can expect awesome SQ near w7 comparable and those things can get frikkin louder than almost any 1 sub ive ever heard, but i heard a pair of 10's in a ported box....i was drooling lol

ok well some other alternatives are Adire audio Brahmas which are quite less expensive than W7's and are nearly equal in SPL and SQ departments - 28mm 1 way xmax for the 12", handles up to 1600w rms (wouldnt put more than 800 wrms on one) and they have amazing SQ. run for $350 USD NIB from authorized dealer.

i'd say brahma may be a best bet for you

Silver Member

Post Number: 628
adire audio dealer in germany...

GERMANY
Lautsprecherbau Wagner
Oberkogl 8
94113 Tiefenbach
GERMANY
PHONE: 0049 8509 934771
FAX: 0049 8509 934772
E-MAIL: awagner@ls-wagner.de
WEB: http://www.ls-wagner.de

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
wow..thanks.
I checked the dealer in germany you recommended and they have an incredible offer.
they let you pick up one brahma 12" in a sealed box and let you test it for one week in your own car without any cost, except if you can't return it yourself to the store, they want 25 dollar for shipping. that's definately worth a try....
thanks alot bacon !!!

p.s.: unfortunately I haven't found Eclipse around here at all. GlassWolf said they market under FujitsuTen, couldn't find decent models of them as well. If it is FujitsuTen, then beware european-fellas, those were mounted as original stock speakers in my mum's "toyota starlet" I just threw away last week. ok, they only had 10w rms, but the listening experience was unpleasant even at low vol.

any other recommends are warmly welcome....

....and thanks again bacon!

Silver Member

Post Number: 629
np guy

yeah eclipse labels their stuff "eclipse by fujitsu ten" so thats just a guideline...

anyways yer welcome, let me know how that deal goes germanguy and how you like the brahma
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us