Woodlawn or Fishercustoms.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 489
Would you charge me to make a simple box design for 2 audioque sd2.5's?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1667
Of course your goin to get charged lol.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Lord Protect...

Post Number: 579
Just ask DJ at AQ

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
douchebag steve. haha

meh maybe i will. not sure.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1669

Silver Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 272
Go with East coast costum enclosure . Alot cheaper SUPER FAST SHIPPING and INCREDIBLE QUALITY, tell them Hollywood Rob sent you with the Jimmy .

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8934
Phil ftw

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14070
Phil cost the most, but his products are very solid and I have never heard anything negative about him, and everything i have seen him build looks like a work of art

BJ's box are built like tanks, prices are very reasonable, again never heard anything negative about him. and he uses a very light weight wood if weight in your rear is an issue

ECC is getting a very big follwing, for there very cheap prices, and very fast turn around time, now if they would only respond to my email i sent 2 weeks ago then we could talk business with them :-)

I think what it comes down to, which one of the builders are within your budget for the box you need built, and which one will help answer any questions you may have...I say send all 3 quote request and see what you get back...

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 504
woodlawn/fishercustoms...

flip a coin, both are TOP notch when it comes to their products and company. cant go wrong either way

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15063
AAA reps here for them both.

It's nice when a box builder takes the time to take progress pics and post them.

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1599
ECC, the guy e-mailed me saying he has a severe sickness. But continued to finish his orders.

Everyone at the Mid East meet got to see/hear the box he built, VERY impressive.

Silver Member

Post Number: 493
no i just want a design. haha.
i'll build it myself. please answer back fishercustoms or woodlawn cabinetry.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 591
Snow, what I charge for a design is based on the design itself and can range from $20.00 to $50.00.

If the design is not that overly complicated or involved I might charge you nothing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
yeah. the only thing complicated about the design may be the port in the middle. i want this look. pretty basic though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lmUBbYGzhwo

thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 592
Alright, fill in the blanks:
Install Area Measurements
( Maximum Dimensions W x H x D ) -
Subwoofer Name, Model and Size -
Number of Subwoofers -
Separate or Common Chamber -
Enclosure Type ( Sealed or Ported ) -
Volume / Cu.ft. Per Sub -
Port Type ( Round or Slot ) -
Port Size ( If Round Port ) -
Port Tuning Frequency -
Amp/ Wattage -
Vehicle Type, Year, Make, Model -

Check back here tomorrow around 1pm.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1076
phil ftw

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 411
Contact my designer, Dylan@fishercustoms.com, if you still need one done. Most ported boxes run $25 for the design if I dont do the build. Comes with 3D layouts, cutsheet, the whole 9 yards.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4302
Fisher did a great job on my box, gonna be my permanent once I get time to finish it.. Polo.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 413
That was my first stab at an interchangable port box. Just finished another one up last night. It was pretty cool. Had a big plexi window in it, and the NYC skyline in the bracing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 500
Ok Woodlawn. i can fill most of them out except like 2 cause idk what Cu.ft. they are recommended in.

Max Dimen: 36" Wide, 17.5" High, and 40" Deep.
Subwoofer Name: Audioque SD2.5 12"
Number Of Subwoofers: 2
Seperate or Common Chamber: Seperate
Enclosure Type: Ported
Volume Cu. ft. Per Sub: asking D.J.
Port Type: Round
Port Size: Asking.
Port Tuning Frequency: 35 Hz
Amp/Wattage: Autotek MM1400.1D/1000-1200 watts.
Type Of Car: 1999 Pontaic Grand Prix SE 3800 series.

Silver Member

Post Number: 501
Also. thanks again Woodlawn. your the best. ill get the answers to the other 2 asap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 502
alright recommended Cu. ft. is 1.75 per sub. I just dont know how big the port should be. im still a noob. idk if you could help me out with that or if i should ask around.

thanks woodlawn.

Silver Member

Post Number: 503
also idk if its seperate or common chamber. i dont really know what that means. i thought i did. but i just want it to look like the one in the video i posted. here it is again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lmUBbYGzhwo

Gold Member

Post Number: 1676
seperate chamber is like each sub having its own box and port. common the two subs share the box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 504
alright then i need common.

Silver Member

Post Number: 510
bump.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2228
If you're just getting a design, go with PWK. He charges $50 and, no offense to these guys, but is on a whole other level when it comes to acoustics and design accuracy. If you're going to pay, you'd be retarded to go anywhere else IMO.

http://www.hexibase.com/
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/463369.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 511
thing is i dont want to pay.

Silver Member

Post Number: 597
Here ya go Snow, you get a twofer:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/Audioque%2012%20%20Cntr%20Por t/SD2512sCenterPort.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/Audioque%2012%20%20Side%20Por t/SD2512sSidePort.jpg

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 8587
snow does your back seat fold down to fire them both into the cab

Gold Member

Post Number: 8589
personally I would do a triangular enclosure to get the height of the enclosure down as much as possible and fire backward toward the tail lights that way the bass can get into the cab easier and not have to go past the box

Gold Member

Post Number: 8590
that way even if the back seats dont fold down or he doesnt want the back seats down on ocassion the bass can get in easier either way

Gold Member

Post Number: 8591
or in this case rectangular firing backward with an angle would probably be better...the main thing is to get the box height down a decent amount

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1559
Sean,

I currently have a triangle box shaped box and it is a great space saver and easy to move around. Does 147db (car on) for me and it was built for some Clarion subs...lol

Very soon I will be moving to a huge almost wall like box firing into the cabin from FisherCustoms.
Can't wait for that bad boy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
Well, I can knock the height down traded for depth, that would allow for the bass to get forward, but then there's the whole issue of how far the port would be from back of trunk and choke the port output.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8592
147 not bad. daily or not? are you using clarion in the box still or RD's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8593
well you are doing this free phil so ill let it up to you...im not trying to make more work for you just making a suggestion

Silver Member

Post Number: 513
no my seats dont fold down, just a middle counsel. do you think the triangular box will be that much of a difference?

and i dont wanna be a hassle for makin a new box design from woodlawn either. thanks for the box design woodlawn. i appreciate it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 606
I could design this enclosure six ways from sunday depending on which design " would actually " yield the best performance results as we all know here is a " crap shoot " at best.

However, given he does have a " pass thru " from the trunk into the cabin brings a whole nother set of issue's to the table as to the design/performance equation which would or would not improve performance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 514
yeah true. i think the boxes you made me will be fine and wont have any problems. thanks again.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5662
"If you're just getting a design, go with PWK. He charges $50 and, no offense to these guys, but is on a whole other level when it comes to acoustics and design accuracy. If you're going to pay, you'd be retarded to go anywhere else IMO. "

someone is riding petes d1ck realll hard....sure he is a great box designer but so is phil and fishercustoms.....only reason you like pete(me too) is because he can design almost any type of enclosure well.
but for a simple ported box you dont have to go to tuan...also he takes wayyyy to long to give you a boxx design were as phil did it in what 1 day???

Gold Member

Post Number: 8594
Well like I said im just giving a suggestion...and you are doing this for free Phil

Silver Member

Post Number: 608
Driving,

I actually did it this morning and took less than a hour and to be quite honest I wouldn't of taken the money even if Snow offered to do so.

Designing a straight up ported enclosure is not that big of a stretch, however, designing a ported enclosure to fit:

2-3-4 10's Ported - Chevy Avalanche
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/Chevy%20Avalanche%20-%20Mod%2 0Q%20Series%20Sub%20Enclosures/ModQ210.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/Chevy%20Avalanche%20-%20Mod%2 0Q%20Series%20Sub%20Enclosures/ModQ310.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/Chevy%20Avalanche%20-%20Mod%2 0Q%20Series%20Sub%20Enclosures/ModQ410.jpg

3- S12L7's Ported - 94 Impala SS
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/Impala%20-%203%20S12L7s%20Por ted/3S12L7sported-1.jpg

2- JL 10w6v2's Ported - Silverado Extended Cab
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/Chevy%20PU%20Box/ThruView.jpg

Just to show off a few is what I do well and that's what the customer is paying for.

Honestly though, no one person doing this can make any great claims to fame, our work speaks for itself with alot of help from the subwoofers.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1560
@Sean

147db is test tone sweep stuff with a TL off of 2x12" Pioneer Premiers. TL on the floor in some metal ball thing as it was an USACI run. Db drag is around 145-146db (remember I have my subs in my trunk)

The RD's go in as soon as BJ is done with my box and I hope to be above 150db.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5663
lol my point phil...

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1824
Phil those are nice designs for an Avalanche.. Honestly its easier to remove the cover and throw the sub in the back.

Silver Member

Post Number: 610
lowlife,

The whole intent of the enclosure's is so the AV owner doesn't have to mod anything in the vehicle to use them.

I just wish someone that has bought the MOD Q 210 -310 -410 versions would have them metered on a TL just to know what there hitting at.

I know the 4 or 5 bangers with the 6w0's will do a 140+ no problem.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 201
Woodlawn,

What program do you use? those boxes look awesome.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1827
Oh i know what you mean Phil. I thought about doing that but once i realize i couildn't fit a 15. I rip the cover off.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2242
Drivingwreckless, Tuan and Pete are different people. Pete has a hell of a lot more knowledge of acoustics than anyone here. I think I said that already. He has spreadsheets that are MUCH more accurate than BBP6 or w/e and actually take into account the specific vehicle cabin instead of just considering the environment infinite. As for the time, you get what you pay for. I don't mind waiting a little bit longer. All I was saying was IF HE WAS GOING TO PAY, he might as well get Pete to do it. I'm sure Chris (I think that's the dude who's designing for BJ. IonSQL?) knows what he's doing but I doubt to the point that Pete does.

I hope that wasn't too much to read, man.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4788
pete kulicki
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us