Almost routed my finger.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2596
it touched, it bled, it could have been worse, it could have fallen off.

i was making some 4" circles and i had to ghetto my already ghetto circle jig and the center nail was sticking up a tiny bit and i was pushing it down with my finger and i pushed the button and it bit me. the center nail was 2 inches from the bit, i was making 4 inch circles...

yes i know it shouldnt have been plugged in, yes i know i shouldnt have my finger that close to things that can chop it off, yes i know im not supposed to be huffing the fiberglass resin...

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1063
Damn. At least you didnt cut your finger off.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2597
yeah.

i mean, its not like im going to the hospital over it but it was still wild...

im going to party now i guess... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7392
sh1t watch out with those things man

Bronze Member
Username: Gignmofo

Post Number: 80
Whew that was close tremor. I saw a guy lose part of his nose in the crazy carpenter accident once.

With the bleeding and scar, now you will have a friendly reminder.

:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12222
I have many battle wounds, from many stupid moments.

I've fallen off roofs, deep cuts from utility knives, almost took my thumb off with my table saw twice, and most recently had 13 stitches to sew up my left thumb from a band saw accident. Also shot myself with a pneumatic nail gun several times.

Me and tetanus shots are old buddies.

Some advice: Take your time, properly light and clean your work area, don't take chances, and ALWAYS WAIT FOR THE TOOL TO STOP BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!!

It's my bad habit with table saws.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2598
wowzers...

ive been through some stuff. mostly impacty type injuries, no stitches in other words.

i almost lost my hand when i was about 15. i got it caught in a forklift chain. heres the catch, the people that were supposed to show up and tighten the chain, since it had some inches of slack, didnt show up that day...

makes me wonder all the time.

oh, and i also like to roll my entire shirt up in the die grinder sometimes... :-)

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2599
well, i actually have had stitches. twice. but only like 12 or 14 total. i didnt mean to write no stitches...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12228
My first stitches came at about 8 years old. I was knocking icicles off the roof and one came down and hit me dead on the mouth, right under my nose. Doc said if it were 1-2 inches higher it could've killed me.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1543
Wow.
I fell in a fire when I was 7 or 8, somewhere around there. It had glass in it and my hand ended up with a bunch of stitches. It was burnt as f.ck, too. Not fun. The worst one still tingles if I smack the scar on something.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2600
oh wow, yeah icicles are deadly!

similar incident: when i was 10 or so i was in my alley with a friend and he threw about a 1.5 foot length of probably 3/4" pvc and i looked up for whatever reason and it came down and got me basically right where you get "eye boogers" near the bride of your nose.

Gold Member

Fi

Post Number: 2601
oh yeah fires.

forgot about them.

i just get burnt by molten plastics and sulfer.

my friend was in a pretty decent grease fire.

i had a shovel full of molten plastic and the majority of it fell on my left shin. i shouldnt have been wearing shorts that day. yes, shorts, working around molten plastic...

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2591
My brother shot me with an air rifle when I was 11. It split my middle knuckle in half and the bb went up by my wrist. I had to have surgery to get the bb out and repair my knuckle. I also had to go through about 3 months of physical therapy to regain full strength and use of my hand because I couldnt move my middle, ring, and pinky fingers. And just like Cam said, when I bump my middle knuckle on something, sometimes it tingles and sometimes it hurts like a SOB.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1544
Ouch. That's rough. That's why I think kids are stupid for having fights with those things. "Woohoo, let's shoot copper balls that travel at 490 feet per second at each other!!!"

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2593
lol...we werent shooting at each other though. We lived on a 21 acre farm and he just wasnt mature enough to be using the air rifle and shot by me, but it hit me....then again, he did throw a pitch fork at me, tried to choke me and tried to stab me with a chisel.

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1546
Wow. That's nuts. I didn't think you were shooting at each other lol. It's just not a good idea.

Way OT:
Mitch Hedberg was amazingly hilarious.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1288
Well since you did not post the pics, I guess I will.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12254
That's FUCKED up.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12704
eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!!! thats disturbing !

i have a small laminate cutter\router & was trimming some laminate of a cabinet i was making & the cabinet was upside down so i was lazy to right side it up & trim it ...so stupid me held the router upside down routing & with the vibration my 2 thumbs went up into the flush cut blade & removed some flesh right next to my finger nails ! - i quickly shut off the router wash some blood off my thumbs & wrapped it in some napkins & told my mom who was asleep that i got a "cut" & then ran across a few buildings away to the health centre .

This happened about 9.30pm - no stitches required but had both thumbs plastered & got a tetenous injection & some medication\tablets....ya it hurt but next day i was at the arcade playing games with my other 8 good fingers ......

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 210
Be carefull, You wouldnt be the first to cut a finger or two off.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2993
my senior year in high school (last yr) i was skipping school with a buddy. we were relatively high and driving around his neighborhood with the music high, windows down, bumping. he looked behind him cuz he thought there was a cop (paranoid) and went off road a little bit and was heading toward a trashcan, so he swerved a bit but the passenger side view mirror caught the filled trashcan and broke off. it hit me right in the face (we were going 45) it ended up about 25 feet into the persons yard and the glass on the mirror was cracked so that gives u an idea how hard it hit me. i ended up breaking right cheek, and the top part of my eye socket. i went back to my house and looked in the mirror and i literally had a golf ball above my eye. we were about 3 mins from my house and by that time my entire right side of my face was black and blue. so i took 2 shots of gin and we went to the hospital. doctor said i could have easily went blind.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3315
Steve Miller actually cut a few fingers off in a router incident... which explains his spelling and grammar here and on his site.

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2996
damn that sucks

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 765
Not to be a d*ick JK.. but i laughed super hard at your story.. lol.

When i was 10 i jumped off my bed and landed mouth first on a chair. split my lip open almost all the way down the top of my chin. it went numb immediatley and i couldnt figure out where all the blood was coming from.. went into the bathroom, saw what had happened, obviously screamed my a*ss off.. when i started screaming all the blood that was flowing shot all over everything. if you've ever seen bad boys 2 when they go into the kitchen of the bad guys house.. that's what my bathroom looked like. had some enormous amount of stiches just in lip.. doc said it was close to un-healable.. by about a centimeter or so and i would have had to have it permanently tied back together. still have a good size scar, prolly have it forever. it's pimp.. helps me get all the ladies.. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3250
While at an ER room waiting, I talked to some guy who ran is hand into a raised panel Shaper bit.
it removed a good 1/4 inch deep X 1/2 inch wide area from the tip of the pinky to the wrist. He needed more then a few stitches...Also seen a guy run his hand into a table saw. Cut about 1.5 inches into his hand between the ring and middle finger. And lastly, Seen some guy on a drill press catch the side of his hand. The bit "grabbed" a tendon in the wrist area and ripped it out up to the elbow. His whole arm was wide open. Thats when I worked at a box factory making pallets and shipping crates. They used to hire temp workers who knew nothing about industrial power tool. They lied to get the job, and payed for it. Oh yea, an other temp stuck his hand into a hot glue roller tub. Ran to the sink and put it under cold water, then all the skin just peeled off. That was pretty cool looking. Very little blood, Just MEAT...

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2998
gavin, why did you laugh?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us