Add "Stuff for Sale" to your favorites/bookmarks

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 751
Add this link to your favorites/bookmarks.

By doing so you'll be more likely to browse that section.

And hey, it will increase your chances of stumbling upon that once in a life time deal to, and help out those needing to sell their items. :-)

(just trying get traffic in this area so people will use it, thanks)
heres the link...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/289509.html

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4945
CAN YOU GET ME DD 1510S?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6314
On another note, that section doesn't seem to be bringing up the last posted message in there so if somebody does respond to your thread all the way at the bottom you might not even see it.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2099
The F/S section doesn't bump, so u can't tell whats still for sale and what's not.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4950
it doesnt bump.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 997
we need stickies

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2458
It never has bumped. Someone pointed that out in one of the threads before all the threads got moved.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4650
If somebody wants to get to the FS section ya don't need a bookmark....... theres a link right at the top of the Subwoofer section

Gold Member

Post Number: 4958
Zac Davus was just tryna be a sm@rt@zz

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1854
Although no one asked for my opinion, I'm going to give it anyways.

People actually use this section, therefore people post FS threads. If I am trying to sell something, I am going to go where the traffic is. Not to mention the FS section blows and it doesn't update/bump. I have no problem with anyone here, but IMO if you don't like the way ecoustics is then leave. Let the people who enjoy this site have their fun. It doesn't hurt anyone! See, the magic of the internet is that you don't have to look at every thread if you don't want. Skip over the damn FS threads and look at sh*t you're interested in.

Have a good day...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4963
^WELL PUT!

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2100
ca.com has lots of mods and every thread that is OT in an area gets moved. Ecoustics has 1 section that gets traffic thats the subwoofer section. The OT threads are usually the ones that get the most replies and it's wat makes this forum better than the other places with 100 d!ckhead mods. I know I like it better how it is, compared to places where sh!t has to be done right everytime, Idk its like u actually have freedom here. I agree 100% with BCS, u can skip over em if you don't like em.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4971
exactly...
YOU HAVE FREEDOM to do as you please on this forum.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4655
The reason I like it and don't like caraudio.com and the rest.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 752
No, I wasn't being a smartazz.

Second, Mr. BCS, not sure who you are but these are our rules here.
If YOU don't like them then YOU go somewhere else.

I've been posting in this forum for over 5 years, please don't tell me I should leave for asking members to follow our rules.

I along with others are trying to clean up this forum and restore a bit of order.
Nothing major, just trying to make it easier for people to navigate.

The reason there isn't traffic in other places is because everybody posts multiple subjects in one section.

The forum's growth is limited if we only post in one section.

If theres somebody here that wants a place to talk about "whatever", then start an MSN chat room, or some other sort of gossip/classifieds forum.

This place is for car audio related threads.

We're on the same side here, look I'm not saying the occasional off topic thread is hurting anything, in fact most of us enjoy them.
But it has gone so far that many come on here just to bs with one another or sell something, and that needs to change.

A couple years ago many resident members were complaining about all the "vs" threads and how kids were just wasting space with these topics.
At least these were related to car audio. haha
Not to mention they weren't using this place for their own personal sales tool.

This isn't Craiglist. The Administrator built the OT / FS sections and it is asked of us to use them for those purposes.

Most of us are adults, the admin shouldn't have to ask us to post threads in the appropriate sections, we should already know.

Come on guys, please help make this a "smarter" place.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1855
"Mr. BCS, not sure who you are..." - I'm Ben. I'm 20 years old and I love car audio. I've been at it for 4 years, and still feel like a nube. I like the occasional BS as well as awesome people. For these reasons, Ecoustics has become my favorite site.

Zac, as I said I have no problem with you or anyone else here. And, to put it even more strongly, I don't want you to leave at all. I respect you and your work. You are more experienced/knowledgeable and have been here longer. However, you are among the select few that are b*tching about the way it is. You can say whatever you want about the "rules," but if no one cares, f*ck it. The rules don't mean sh*t so long as the people here are happy (and as it appears, the vast majority are). I don't think I should have to point this out to you, but people on this forum kick a**. I've seen some gestures by people here that I barely believe (lending money, giving away equipment, giving each other caring/real advice when needed). As long as people here are happy, I would urge you to leave it alone.

"At least these were related to car audio." - and car audio sales threads aren't related to car audio?

I'll point out one more time that the FS section DOES NOT WORK. No one is going to use it if it doesn't work.

I would assume people are already getting more sick of this bull sh*t than the FS and OT topics, no matter how frequent.

I would be happy to keep discussing this if needed, but I think this whole thing should die and let the forum go on as the people here feel it should. Apparently, by the responses we are receiving, a lot of people agree with my viewpoint. It may not be the right view, but if the masses agree with it, why not go with it?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Turtles have four legs

Post Number: 3538
feedback@ecoustics.com

probaly should write to ecoustics about moderators. see what they say.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 761
BCS,

I appreciate your perspective.

From an alternative point view, and what I see happening here is the deterioration a forum that possesses a wealth of knowledge, being turned into a place that lacks any sort of real sustaining information that could serve no more purpose than that of a gossip/classifieds column.

But hey whatever.....

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4328
this forum has been going downwards for a long time.. its nothing new lol

besides that half the people who ask for advice don't want to listen when they get it.. another cause of the downfall but heh.. if you want to do it yourself google it :P

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3229
some one go buy my my team rf!!!!

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1005
Why does it matter who posts where? it dosent bother me. Who really gives a sh!t? Seriously.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1883
"Why does it matter who posts where? it dosent bother me. Who really gives a sh!t? Seriously."

Although I agree with this view, Zac I completely understand what you are saying. BTW, I appreciate that you are able to discuss things without being immature and BS like that. You don't what to see the forum self-destruct and neither do I. I just don't think, without the acceptance and agreement of everyone, that it can be fixed at this point. People will do what they want.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6335
"Why does it matter who posts where? it dosent bother me. Who really gives a sh!t? Seriously."

Your lack of comprehension and understanding of things is impressive. The reasons it matters were discussed.

"I just don't think, without the acceptance and agreement of everyone, that it can be fixed at this point. People will do what they want."

Of course it CAN be fixed. The admin/mod could start banning people if he really wanted to but he's pretty cool and let's us have a free forum. It wouldn't take much for him to "fix" things, trust me but he chooses not to punish us for breaking the rules. There are rules on this forum but they're just not enforced.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1885
I agree with you Rob. I just like the way things are. Some do, some don't, and that's all your choice.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1009
"Your lack of comprehension and understanding of things is impressive. The reasons it matters were discussed."

Your such an azz. I can state my opinion on whatever i want to. I have read the threads and this is still the way I see it. so eff off.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6338
"Your such an azz."-Tell me something I haven't heard before lol.
"I can state my opinion on whatever i want to."
I never said you couldn't so don't start crying.

"eff off"
Sorry kid, I'm not going anywhere, don't like it? Too damn bad, I'm here to say and I too can say whatever I want as well.

We should meet up at Zac's shop over in Beloit, you're not too far away, we'll show you some decent systems and you'll see that I'm not a complete azzhole like you think that I am. You can also show me your system and how that Audioque amp does.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1011
"Sorry kid, I'm not going anywhere, don't like it? Too damn bad, I'm here to stay* and I too can say whatever I want as well."

I never told you to leave. I dont live to far away from his shop. well its about 60miles or so.

btw I actually have a sundown saz 1500 with 2 2.5s:-).

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6849
Ecoustics needs to reconsider before things go out of hand or down hill.
Zac what you're trying to do is understandable, but sometimes if you restrict the users too much, people will start lose interest.
If you want examples of sites where it's neatly organized and in order, do a google search. You'll find many sites with very few hits. Ecoustics could easily become one of those sites. You start banning people left and right for breaking minor rules and soon, it'll be nowhere in google's search engine.
For some odd reason, people have chosen the "subs" section as a get together for everything. It has worked well for awhile till Zac made it a big deal.
Getting lot of hits isn't always bad. It attracts new users searching on google, increases the chance of getting problem answered/solved, also helps with friends to keep in touch etc. Seriously, before you pass judgements, think real hard. You kill the buzz in the sub's section and it'll become like accessors/amplifer/others etc. Without hits, Ecoustics also will not get advertizing dollars, less sales, less users, less expansion, and less upgrades. It's not just about being "organized". There's much more at stake.
I've also seen other popular sites go from #1 to zero in less than a year. I hope the admin takes note of this.
Zac, it's not all about FS/OT. Surely, since you're a businessman, you can see that clearly?
Since you're never here that often to notice much, whenever you're here, do a little research. See how the traffic is NOW. If your goal was to curb the spikes, then you've basically on your way. Ecoustics better wish that it doesn't start going downhill.
Perhaps I'm the only one see this? Any website would kill to have had as much hits as Ecoustics did in the sub section.
Anyhow, I've said enough for now. Remember, drastic change/restriction isn't always good for BUSINESS cause NOTHING's a charity. Everyone has to make money.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5654
isaac i dont think that many people are going to leave just because they need to start posting in the right section. ecoustics is still going to get all the hits it will all be in the car audio and OT forums, all part of ecoustics forum. plus look at all the people that do leave, be it it unorganized forum or what.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1012
nicely said. put some spaces in between everything though. Its easier to read that way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6851
Let's hope that's true for ecoustics's sake. I hope admin will monitor the hits and usage. OT and FS doesn't get much, that I can most certainly guarantee.
Past few weeks, sub section's been the busiest. It had responses/new threads almost every few minutes. Now, look at it. It slowed down quite a lot. If it was my website, I'd be cautious.
Like I said before, it's all BUSINESS. If it doesn't draw enough hits, it loses money and sales. Every person that's lost, may not sound much to you or Zac, but not to the advertisers. Look at your screen, don't you see some already? Do you think they care about FS/OT or any other topics in the wrong section? H3ll no.
I'm not against being organized, what I'm against is killing something that was quite popular for few weeks. Look at the gift exchange thread. Had it been moved to OT a month ago, do you think it would've had as much responses/hits as it did? Nope. Surely someone else besides me can see that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6339
Well... if we just started using those other sections we wouldn't have this problem. I'm going to use caps so it stands out on these next sentences... EVER NOTICE HOW THE SUBWOOFER SECTION GOES DOWN SO OFTEN? IT'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE SPAM THAT IT NEEDS MAINTENANCE SO OFTEN AND IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW...WHEN THE SUBWOOFER SECTION IS DOWN-WHICH IS OFTEN...PEOPLE TALK ABOUT LEAVING FOR ANOTHER FORUM. Hope that stood out enough and yea...it's annoying when people type in all caps isn't it? It's just as annoying to me with all the F/S threads in the subwoofer section.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6853
Get rid of spam, and upgrade the system so it can handle more traffic/hits. Better for everyone involved, especially the advertizers.
Since this is a business, not a charity, the site has to adapt to changing demand of users. After all, without them, nothing will exist.
All I'm trying to stress is that, there needs to be a balance between what the users want and what site organizers's needs.
If everyone followed rules, then there would be no problem, but since that's not the case, to restrict/ban/change/boot will not do any good for business.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4974
these for sale things have otten outta hand

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2466
Have you guys ever been to the satellite section? It is the scum of ecoustics. There are more OT topics and posts than any other section, yet their section doesnt go down. You should see the sick, stupid sh!t they talk about. If you go look right now and look at the dates on the post's, there are more posts made today and yesterday than the subwoofer section. But of course its not gonna change over there because that section gets the most traffic out of all the sections here on E, thusly generating the most revenue.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6854
For better control and balance, admin can implement an option where, anyone with less than 200 posts can't not put FS threads in the sub section, and the real FS section with no restriction.
There are better ways to control a site than via old methods (proven failed methods).

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 835
Yea tht is annoying when the site goes down. And ROE is a nice site just boring I see the same threads there almost all day. I hope ecoustics doesn't end up like thts why I try 2 keep fresh threads in here. And there is an over abudance of for sale threads but if u do limit everything tht makes the forum stupid. So I'm on both sides. I post everything is sub section bcuz you'll never get an answer to ur question if you post it in another section.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5656
well if people didnt post everything in the sub section then people would go to other places

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1539
I've never had a problem with it. I like being able to see the OT, FS, and sub stuff w/out having to switch to different pages. It actually makes it easier. And again, I point out that you whine about the sub section getting filled up with OT and FS threads when YOU POSTED A OT ARTICE IN THE SUB SECTION! It is pretty funny to me. Admin needs to move this to the OT section. It might bother some people being out of place.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us