Subs

Unregistered guest
what is it when you have a dual 4 ohm sub and you put the positive of the first voice coil to the negative of the second and the negative if the first to the positive to the second. then you put the positive of the first voice coil to the positive on the amp and the negative on the first voice coil on the negative of the amp? i did something like this if not exactly this and it was sooo much louder. is it something good to do or no?

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 59
You confused the sh*t out of me at first. Sounds weird. Seriously, though, that doesn't sound right, that seems like it's screwing with the polarity of both coils, almost like a phase issue, unless you just typed it wrong. You need to hook the positives of each coil together and negatives of each coil together, then positive from amp to positive of 1st coil, negative of amp to negative of 2nd coil. That's a 2 ohm load, make sure your amp can handle it. If you're confused, go to this site:
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html

Unregistered guest
But go look at the page you just linked to, they have a positive going to a negative without it touching the amp at all... is the negative like the negative of a power outlet? it lets power out?

Anonymous

man just wire it just like it is there and you will not have any problems trust me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us