New amp not pushin like i thought...

Username: Ford_racin10

Michigan USA

Post Number: 3
got a 1200w boss chaos 700 2 ch. amp off a buddy of mine for 60 bucks. he had it hooked up to 2 15" fosgates and they POUNDED in his f 150. well i got a ranger ext. cab with 2 12" xplods and it just isnt pushin em like it should. any wiring suggestions? what should the frequency be at? filtering... low, full or high? thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4438
first, your subs are xplods. what do you expect? and using a boss amp at that? i suggest you go out and get nice stuff, or even decent stuff.

but what are the specs of that amp and of the mighty xplods?

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 861
Im guessing its an ohm load issue.

We all had to start somewhere, and something is better than nothing.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2706
Boss amp and xpold subs. That would be the problem.

Username: Ford_racin10

Michigan USA

Post Number: 4
wow.. ok well i use what i can afford.. i really wish i could say some things that this website wont let me say right now... dont post if ur gunna tell me that i dont have a good system because not all of us have money handed to us.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4439
i've never in my life had money handed to me. ever. but saving isn't hard to do.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 862
16 and in high school? I couldnt afford much either. Considering the very little i did make, it have taken me a considerable amount of time (years) to accumulate enough cash to cover my current tastes. Anyway...

Low pass filter.

Frequency around 50hz.

What ohm load are the subs?

I gave you aother website to get help at, if you have the same issue there, as here, let me know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us