How many Dbs will i gain

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 412
How many decibels if any can i increase if replace my prefab box with one built to specs this is for two L7s by the way

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 296
dunno. cant tell without doin it.

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 413
well would it even be worth doing i mean it would suck to spend money on it and not be able to hear a difference

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6475
Yes you will hear a difference. Not to mention you can sell that prefab quite easily.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 304
thats up to you. it depends how shitty the pre-fab is. well its probably pretty damn shitty. you might get more output and peak lower and be able to play lower period and you'll probably have better sq. depending on how well the new box is built. if you want to keep those subs for a while then i'd do it. but if you think you might switch em anytime soon then it might be better to hold off. it also depends on whether you build it yourself or pay someone. building boxes is pretty fun and a good learning experience. i'd try building one yourself.

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 414
well i really doubt im going to get any more SQ of those L7s then i allready have but i dont really care about SQ im just wondering because i forgot who but somone on this forum once said that its possible with a good install to do 150 with one L7 and i got two and im nowhere near hitting that at all so i was wondering what i can do to get louder

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 415
does anyone else have an opinion

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2867
If you put a car audio sticker on the box, it will gain 10dbs...lol

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 416
hhhhmmmmm maybe if i downgrade to the eight inch L7s then ill really be pounding

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2365
Try upgrading........ to a sub that's not a P.O.S.

Really why spend any more money on a sub that is known to break......

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2870
upgrade to a couple of RE8's ....lol

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 417
because i allready have it and it has warranty and its louder than any other sub in the price range why do you have to constantly talk sh_it on L7s well im never going to post anything on this forum again if it doesnt have to do with Fi or DD for real i thought this forum was made to help people with car audio problems you guys are acting like its the Fi forum well thanks for you guy's help

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 420
any help is apreciated

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 828
well not sure how many decibals, but it will definetaly be louder

what type of box are they in now?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2717
In theory, you will gain about 3dB's which is twice as loud. That is, if the box is built right. If you get someone who can build, or design you a awesome box, you will see more than a 3dB gain.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 715
Raymond, you bought a very failure-prone sub, that has little to no SQ at all. They are urinated on all over this forum.

You could've got something much nicer had you taken advice from the nice people on this forum. You will need that warranty though, good thing you got it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 829
berney is tha man with tha plan, yes thats correct lol

for instace i have 2 solo-baric 12's in a sealed box and it is loud, but my bro has 2 solo-baric 10's in a probox that is MUCH louder and flexes like sh!t, dont get me wrong though mine ill still clean your ears lol

Silver Member

Kansas

Post Number: 421
well right now i got a prefab box its made out of three quarters inch MDF and built solid but im just worried that the sub could get louder and lower depending on what the box is tuned to since i dont know but how much would it cost for all the materials for a dual 12 ported box tuned to around 38 HZ? im pretty sure i can build it i just want to get an estimate of the cost of materials

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2719
Pay someone to design you a box - $10
Wood - each sheet is about $25
glue - $5, I recommend wood glue, don't use gorilla glue, that thing gets messy. Get a white based color glue, wipes off nice and clean.
Silicone caulk - $5-$10
Screws - $5

Hoping you have the tools to build such a box. If I were you, have logan build you a box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 830
^^^ x2, i just opened a box buisness for local on the side i should have my buisness cards in 2 weeks, Nick's Custom Enclosures

ive only built like 50 boxes

Silver Member

Post Number: 831
matter a fact im takin my solo's out this weekend and building a 6.8cu ft box tuned to 38hz, damn i cant wait to hear the difference, and i gota build 1 for my dads cvr 12's, prob around 4cu ft tuned to 34

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2819
solo's tuned low?

Depending on the prefab box....it can be louder, lower, or better\worse SQ(not much to loose or gain either way)... but custom boxes are ALWAYS better then prefab IMO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us