Question about some ohmage.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 456
I have a JL 10w3v2-D4 (300wrms) and as a temp. amp my buddy has an Audiobahn A8002T layin around. The amp does 400wrms x2 @ 2ohms, and 800 Watts x1 @ 4ohms. My sub, being D4 voice coil, will wire to 8ohms or 2ohms. so my question is can i run it off just one channel at 400wrms, or do i have to play it safe and wire it on both channels at 8ohms? i know that sub would love 400 watts, but for some reason i have it stuck in my head that if i run just one channel it might damage something on the amp.. but that sounds ridiculous.. i dunno.. help! lol.

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1254
Amp is perfectly fine just running one channel from my experience. You should wire the sub to 8ohms and the amp should give you about 400W into that load.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 457
so pretty much either way i do it, it should see about 400w? i was thinking running that amp at 8ohm might only get like 200-250 out of it.

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1256
You'd normally divide the output by the same ratio, it being 2. Keep in mind the amp will be a bit more efficient at 8ohms rather than 4. It's better to run the sub in mono (you achieve this by bridging the amp) rather than off 1 channel in stereo.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2749
Ohmage that is my made up word, lol. Polo..:-O

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 458
haha.. polo i had no idea. you should copy right that sh*it.. lol.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1098
Ohmage

Too late
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us