This doesnt make any sense

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 615
ok so i had my 2 15" Q's in my trunk in a seal box and it slamed pretty hard for only havin like 400 wrms on each...then i changed to a back seat set up. i built a platform and a used my same box and it isnt louder. i used the same amp and the gains are right and it is actually decreased and im not sure why. i dynamated the whole back part of my car to perfection too.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 547
what do you mean by "back seat setup"?you put you back seats down? or you putyour subs in the back seat?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 616
yeah i took out my seat and made a platform for them and put them there...everything is the same as it was except the subs are now in the cabin of the car instead of the trunk.

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 548
when you played them before, you had the seats down? because if you did, dont expect a big diference from that, just conecting the airflow from where the subs are to the cabin is enough, IMO, but the plataform is for show, how about some pixs.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 617
well im planning on building a proted box so that is why i made the platform...my turnk isnt big enough. but how much louder is a ported box than a sealed one. i have never had a ported box.

i will put up some pics tomorrow its too late right now

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 623
anyone else have a idea?

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 553
did u seal off the trunk? or is it still open and air is going into it?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 628
i bolted a piece of wood and it fits almost perfect... but maybe i just have to make it thicker and put some sound deadener on that.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 681
^^^ that is a good idea, try ported u should be muuch louder

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 554
bump

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 321
Was the box facing the rear when it was in the trunk and now it facing front?

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 322
Htown? Highland MI?

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 550
BTW big diference between sealed and ported, ported = louder, and you may want to give the full 1000 rms to each sub, your car is going to bump really loud

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 630
nope it is facing the front now...the same way as it was in the trunk.

and no i live in holt MI its right next to lansing

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 323
Gotcha. Well thats why its a good idea to try and place your subs in as many different was in your vehicle as possible. Because every application(subs, car, box, etc..) has the potention to sound different and were its placed has alot to do with it.

Were the subs firing directly into the cabin when they were in the trunk? Or were the seats up? Sounds like the subs cant create as much pressure as when they were in the trunk.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 324
In the majority of vehicles I have worked with, the subs always sound better facing the rear of the car.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12534
the trunk has to be completely sealed if you are gonna put the box where the back seat was. you can't have any air going in to the trunk. seal the rear deck and entrance to the trunk.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 637
how would i seal the rear deck and the trunk off?? i dont want to use anything that i can take off later on. (like glue or any kind or sealant)

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2617
Ported is way louder...... Sealed is ussualy for SQ setups.... ported is more SQL and SPL..

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 640
alright thanks

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12535
i cut a board to seal the entrance to trunk. then i used duct tape to seal the edges around the board. then i used edead and applied it over the duct tape.

as for the rear deck, i put duct tape over it first then i applied edead over that. that way later when you want to take it off, it will come off easy.

do not apply the edead straight to the rear deck or anywhere else cause it will be a b!tch to get it off.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 641
did you use edead on the board as well?? and i just got done edeading my trunk and back seat area...that sh!t works amazing!!! holy sh!t i had like no rattles anymore haha

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12536
yeah i did the board as well.

also yes edead is amazing. i love that stuff. lol. edead ftw. lol.

chad.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 643
oh and chad what do you think will be better...subs up and port up or subs up and port facing forward

i cant do it like you cuz my car is too small and i wouldnt be able to put my seat back cuz the sub would hit it.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12538
try sub up and port up along the back wall of the box. you want the port to be the farthest away from you. i've had some good results like that.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 644
ok thanks

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1248
Phill, ported is about 3dB louder. The bigger problem here is underpowering the woofers. Try solid 1000-1200W rms to each sub, then we're talking. Spending extra on amps is better IMO and you can move the box back into the trunk while leaving the seats down.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 645
yea i dont have enough money right now for an amp. i was gonna get it in the summer. but i think that the subs in my back seat will be awsome and look sweet. i dont need my back seat for about 6 months cuz i got my drivers license restricted so i cant drive with friends :-(

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1250
lol that's cool i guess. Good luck with the amps in the summer - don't forget to do electrical and wiring upgrades for bigger amps. I didn't know what my system was capable of until I did all that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us