KICKER

Bronze Member
Username: Doofdoof

Australia

Post Number: 48
How'z 1 of these bad boyz go?..a kicker solo-baric 10" L5...and wat is betta for it...sealed or ported box...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3840
IF you get it go ported, but to let you know that is a shi_tty sub. horrible sq, piss poor build quality, high failure rate.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 50
yea rite...mynt get that 1 then lol

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 51
if ne one else reads this...i jus wanna know some good kik @ss sub's for around $0-200...

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 541
15" Fi SSD 209.00 shipped
ficaraudio.com
good sq and decent spl

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 152
Yo every1 on hear hates on da solo's but thy love em on CA.com if you want some thing loud get 2 10" L7's or 1 12" might b more n ur budget... they don't have horrible sound quality but who cares it all depends on what you like... and go ported sealed is defeating the purpose...

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 153
My bad I meant thy do have horrible sound quality but who cares!! Lol thought I wud fix my typo b4 the angry mob formed...

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 542
you should just get 1 good sub so you dont have to keep buying new subs every month

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3842
exactly and with buying a l5 you might be doing just that. spend the extra $9 and get a ssd.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1361
^^^^^^^^^^

Best one liner post in a long time

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3095
"Yo every1 on hear hates on da solo's but thy love em on CA.com"

thats because CA is full of a bunch of fvckkin idiots, square subs suck plain and simple, if you wanna buy an l5 more power to ya, but when its blows in a month don't come back here b1tchin.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5427
Thank God someone shares that opinion with me. Square just doesn't do it for me.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 224
I was a big fan of kicker subs...The L7-5 are poorly constructed . I still like the CVX..If you get the SSD or a SD2.5 the sound will shock you..2 good budget subs.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1370
Kicker's round subs are not bad but you can get better for the money. The square ones just plain suck.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 52
thanx guys....i alwayz herd good thingy about those L5's but bugg@ them now lol....oh and another thing...hear in australia...at canberra....were im close too....this shop called JB-HI FI...was trying to sell a 10" L5 for over $300...i was like hell i aint paying that much lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4648
i personally hate square subs...L5 and L7 are pretty poorly made and dont sound too hot either...L7 may get loud but sq is awful, again imo...

get a fi ssd or audioque sd2.5...also check out tc sounds TC-9 or TC-7, havent heard either but they look promising and ive heard good stuff abot them...maybe even an SI BM from kevin at low-hz or ask him about what RD audio subs he has for in your budget

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Earth

Post Number: 460
i agree^^^

and square subs do sucks especially kickers eva onhear thinks they hot sh!t cause they got them but take away the hot and thats what they are ha ha just plain sh!t

They get loud make u go wow than pow there blown and u aint got neuutin to be shown ha ha

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 337
or maybe they get loud and last you a long time because you actually knew what you were doing and didnt clip the f u c k out of your subs or giving a pair of 750 watt subs 1000 watts i bet that if as many people that bought L7s bouth Fi's ther would be just as many Fi's getting blown. I dont think its the bad build quality i think that people that dont know what they are doing buy L7s and the only people who buy Fi subs actually know what they are doing. When is the last time that you heard of a newb bragging about his Fi , thats right you haven't thats because people who dont know crap about car audio buy L7s and clip the hell out of them and give them a bad rep for build quality ive had my L7s for quite a while now and i know people that know what they are doing that have had L7s that work flawless well thats just my opinion on their rep. and yeah i know it was all one big run on sentence

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3849
i wouldn't listen to that^^^ i know people that know what there doing and have had kicker l5s' and l7s' blow. it is the poor build quality of them. i've even been told the same thing by kicker dealers, that the build quality of those subs suck and have gone down hill ever since they went from the round design to the square one. when it comes to kicker square subs it's basically hit or miss whether you're going to have one blow easily or last a long time. personally i would much rather buy a sub that has better build quality to it.

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 468
not entirely tru cause most of the kids that get them are rich lil flucks and they have them professionally installed and no bb and cc are not profesional installed so they shouldnt be clippin them if the pro set it up rite in which they do (bb is best buy) and (cc circuit city) they both suck at installing systems i worked there for 2 days b4 quitin the other installers didnt no sht about nuttin

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
well im just glad that i got two of the ones that didnt blow and like i said as soon as i blow my L7s ill get something from Fi or DD but just wondering whats in the same price range that will get just as loud i dont care at all about SQ just wondering for future referrence i havent found anything else that will get as loud and still stay in the same price range

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 300
^
Fi Bl or BTL depends on your budget...

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 555
We recommend Fi, DD, Audioque and many other great brands with GOOD build quality to newbs ALL THE TIME here.

Only maybe 1 thread a month(IF THAT) about someone blowing their subs, most of the time it isn't even one recommended from us.

I have blown L5's, they are absolute pieces of SH!T.

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
yeah i got both of my subs for 300 new with warranty i really doubt i can get to BLs for 300 dollars and then enough power to push them

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3850
called saving your money!! in the long run it's well worth it. shi_t, i've been bassless for a long time saving money for my new setup (and ride).

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 470
u wanna get loud get a fi btl 18" fully loaded around 500-600 dollaz and give it some serious watts ima be given mine 4000watts and they are known to be bale to take 4000watts daily

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
well if i was to get an 18" i would go with the SOLO X ive heard they get extremly loud and they got the SPAIR feature that makes them really appealing it would be tight if L7s had that feature too

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 473
yea sure spend 1,000 or so dollers on a sub that will blow and sound piss poor when u can spend 500 and get really loud and sound good and i mean loud u can recone any sub that blows that SPAIR sht is just away cause they no there sht blows

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3853
why would you purposely want to buy a sub that they make a recone kit for available in stores? to me that doesn't say much about the quality of the sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
well i dont know who but i know theres someone on this forum with a SOLO X and they have not had that any problems with them and if your at a comp and you blow your cone you could fix it in a matter of minutes if its any other sub your screwed but i actually agree with you guys on that one true true kicker did set them selves up for failure on that one i wonder why they dont come up with a round version of the SOLO X

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 165
is the fi ssd better than the kicker comp vx? I might wanna sell my L's if they sh!tty subs

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12061
^^YES

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 167
aw sh!t time to spend $ on some new subs for me. let me guess I should put either a kicker or punch amp on the ssd subs right

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3865
i'd go kicker over the punch.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12063
there are lots of options when it comes to amps

Silver Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 168
copper coil or flatwind coil whats the difference?

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12066
Flatwind adds power handling and sq..i believe

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 53
wat about fusion sub's?...or kenwood? lol...see im here in australia and im up s*it creek..cause it cost hundreds to ship sub from USA to here and all the good brands u talk of are like chook's teeth to find hear...or cost $400

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 306
well between those 2 i will probably get kenwood, a friend of mine have 1 12" kenwood and it is passable, i woulnt buy it, but if both of that are you only options go kenwood... but if you have to go with name brand that sells in australia try alpine type Rs they are really nice.

Silver Member

Earth

Post Number: 476
dont u have cerwin vega up there stroker pro those are pretty good and im pretty sure u got subs that would cost us 1000 dollers to order alphosonic is kinda good and there is a interior speaker around there that has like 1000 watts or sumtin i saw it a while ago

Username: Solo67042

Post Number: 4
I only have one 05c124 and its awesome. only 150 rms and it sounds soo good at least i think, ive got a buddy with one 12 type e and i think it sounds waay better and another buddy with 2 10w1s and i think its nicer than his setup as well. what do you all think of the kicker 12

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 310
a friend of mine have a 10" Cerwin Vega max and it gets really loud with only 500watts so that would be nice too.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 594
V-max are good but you might as well get the new Cerwin Vega Strokers and if you really want some pound get the Stroker Pro's. JMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLxZZW1ZiMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fl87u3X9Z8&mode=related&search=

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2833344910045665996&q=cerwin+stroker&hl= en

JMO over your friends V-Max.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us