Wiring help

Username: Xtremespikez

Post Number: 1
Sup? Sorry I didn't see a general disscusion board on here but me and a buddy got two of the Sony XS-L121P5 12" Component Subwoofers and the Sony XM-2200GTX 200W x 2 car amplifier. We also bought SWX AK4 4-gauge Amp Wiring Kit With RCA Patch Cable. We are hooking it up to a 1994 Ford Tarus sedan. He wants the Amp to go on the back floor board right behind the driver's seat. Any suggestions on how to wire this? Thanks much appericated.

Sony Sucks
Unregistered guest
Well, in all honesty sony car audio sucks. You will not be pleased.

Bronze Member
Username: Jchevy91

Post Number: 26
Yeh before you hook it up, take it back to the store, and switch companies. Then post back

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
no matter what the components the wiring is all basically the same.
personally the 4 guage kit is a bit overkill for that amp but anyways its pretty straight forward:
Power wire straight to battery (inline fuse protected close to battery)

run the wire along the fender out of the way from getting pinched and find an access point going from the fender/firewall/door jamb location if you cant get into the car by going through an existing grommet. another alternative would be to drill your own hole through the fire wall and use a grommet to bring power in.

once you have power in if you chose the door jamb then run it along (under) the door sill plate along the drivers side and where you go over the body seam for the floor pan i usually split a 3/8 rubber hose about 2 inches long to put under the power wire and i would go over into the cabin beside the amps location, then reattach the sill plate. if you came through the firewall i would run it along the center console if you have one if not then underneath the carpet and there should be 4 holes you can exit from to the amp at each of the seats mounting brackets.

now for the ground i would use the seats mounting bolt and go between the bolt head and bracket and not under the bracket. the seatbelt retractor bolt will be nearby also for a ground but i wouldnt use it.

now for the rca's i would run them down the center console (opposite side of the power) also if you have one or if not across the dash underneath and along the drivers side and then behind the kick panel (drivers side) and along the door sill plate also but on the "inside" of the body seam and across to the amp also.

and thats it. make sure not to have any wires where they will get pinched, interfere with anything that moves and then run your amps output wires under the backseat or along side it usually you can stuff them without having to remove the side panels but if its a trucka dn you dont have a backseat then youre already there and done basically.
thanks,
jay

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
i can send you detailed drawings of this eric via email ($44.99)
thanks
jay

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 38
jay is g@y
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us