LPF ?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 830
Whats should i have the lpf set at, the box is 1.3 cuft tuned to 33hz...also what should i have the hpf set at on the hu(stock speakers)...thanks in advance, by the way the amp doesnt have a subsonic filter

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 831
bump

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 832
didnt bump

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9433
start by setting your LPF on 80hz and go from there. Some lke it as far down as 60hz and some like it high as 100hz. It all depends on how low the FS is on your front and rear speakers. If your speakers have a low fs say in the 40's to low 50's then you can easily do a 60hz setting on them but the best place to start is to set your LPF to 80 and your HPF to 80.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2490
You need to specify weather or not the HPF is on the sub side or mid/high side, big difference. Now if it is on the sub side the HPF is in essence the subsonic filter and should be set between 25-30hz ported and a hair lower (20hz) if sealed. Now the LPF will be the high cutoff if on the subwoofer side, should be set (example only) around 80hz for a 18/15", 100hz or so for a 10" and somewhere in between for a 12". I like to tighten things up a bit so I run a lot of mid bass and keep my 15" Treo SSX right around 55hz for house music, rab and most pop, 75hz for techno, electronica and rock. I have a remote for my amp to adjust presets on the fly so it makes it easier. My suggestion would be to set the HP then adjust the LPF between 55 to 100 hx and listen. If you feel like you are lacking then you could add more midbass or bring the setting up higher on the subs LPF to compensate. Hope this helps...Polo. :-)

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 833
so i should put the thing on full(lpf and hpf) and have the hpf @ 30hz and the lpf @ 55hz-100hz...this all being for the sub amp....then around 60hz for the speakers on the hu....right?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 835
the hpf only goes down to 40hz...so should i jsut set it @ that

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 837
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums