CAR VS. VAN OR S.U.V.

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 334
Hello,
would it be dumd to think that a 2-15" system would sound the same in car as it would say in a van? Would it take more bump to get the same db reading in the suv as it would a car? I would think the only + you would have in a van is room,but on the other hand it would take more a$s of a system to bump the same! see I bought a full size chevy van, well i got to thinking, the 2-15's that were filling the trunk of my lumina car looked awful lonely setting way back there in the van! so, I believe an suv, blazer, or a hatchback type vehicle would have an advantage, any thoughts????

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 335
Hey, also anyone know how many wrms the 15" Mag is? and I would have to have a 1 ohm stable amp right?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 1050
yea you need a 1ohm stable amp for the mag.
and the rms for the 15 and the rest of the specs can be fond on:
http://stereointegrity.com/Magnum12.html

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3559
Rob in some cases you will need more power for example, is easier to hit 150DB in a hatchback than in a trunk

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 1060
hatch would be the easiest cause its the smallest cabin area. but the again, depending on the car, you wont be able to fit 2 15's in the hatch unless you take the back seat out, which is a possibility. i got a scion tc (hatchback) and my 2.1 cuft box barely fits under the glass, its a tight squeeze
but then again the SUV, you could fit many many subs back there
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us