OT- Capacitor Installation

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 251
when my friend bought his subs and amp a cap came with it and we dont know how to hook it up or anything like that...somebody mind explaining it to me?

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 254
is this accurate :

Simply hook up all power connections to cap and amps and ground everything(cap and amp/s). Then the cap could have come with a charging bulb.( a small light bulb) Place this bulb in the fuse holder under the hood after the connection is made with the battery. The bulb will turn on when contact is made and will turn off when cap and wire/s to amp/s are charged. If no bulb is included then just put your fuse in and let it charge on its own. The cap will then draw extra current upon the vehicle starting to charge the extra cap. (I should note that the cap will draw more and extra current from your alternator, which is hard on stock alterators, and some people do not suggest using capacitors) Not very difficult to do. Takes a few seconds to charge and a few minutes to complete. Should be two positive terminals and a ground on the cap. One pos is an "in" and the other is an "out". Power wire from battery goes to the "in" and the "out" goes to the amp/s. That should be it.

Username: Nolimit05

Post Number: 5
Im the one he is asking the question for, my cap has 2+ and 2- what I want to know is where does the wire from the bat. go and the ground wire. And what needs to run to my amp.

Thanks.

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 256
lol i know somebody knows.

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 108
capacitors are worthless...i have a 5 farad poweracoustik and they only work when there charged and as derek mentioned it just pulls more off your alt. and its pointless to have unless u have a HO alt.....i would just reccommend a HO alt. and a battery or 2

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 109
im pretty sure u take the power wire coming off ur battery and insert it in the cap. then the positive terminal run that to the input on the amp...do the same with the ground..remeber the cap. is hooked up be4 the amp...mine was easy because my MTX amp has an input for it on the amp, in that case the amp is hooked up first and then the cap.

Username: Nolimit05

Post Number: 6
Thanks for you help man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us