Any way to repair lead wires?

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 584
Ok so my friend has some subs(massive CW 12s) that used to be mine and the lead wires broke where they connect to the terminal b/c massives tend to have this problem sometimes. But anyway what i need to know is do both the positive and negative leads need to be exactly the same length b/c i plan to solder it back on but the way the wire broke i may need to splice a piece in. Any information anyone could give me on this would be great.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 512
got pics?

and this process is usually doomed from the beginning... lol but there could be hope

Silver Member

Post Number: 586
No i dont have a digital cam. But i fixed one of them already b/c the break wasnt as severe. With the second sub it more of a fray and not as close to the terminal. All i really need to know is how important is it that the positive and negative are the exact same length?

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 514
nope. you just have to make sure that they're long enough for the subs excursion and not too long where you get tinsel slap

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1375
use high heat soldier or itll just melt

Silver Member

Post Number: 589
Ok, thanks guys. Is there anywhere i can buy some wire to splice in then solder or do i just have to find an old sub and rip it apart?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us