TWO ALTERNATORS

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 127
I spoke withsomeone at the db world finals that said i need two 200 amp alternators for my orion 5000d (ordered it today). how difficult is the process of having them put on? Is there major modifications involved? Am i getting into some serious labor fees?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1451
Yes, yes, and yes. Cars aren't made to have to have 2 alts. So whoever is installing these for you is going to have to custom make a mounting braket for the second one. Just buying the 2 200A alts will be a hefty fee by itself.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7081
depending on the vehicle...very, GM...not so much....jap, forget about it. lol

it would require a bracket of some sort i imagine to mount the second alt....and a bigger belt.(longer)

labor....lets not even talk about that.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7082
YOU BEAT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9377
or simply remove a/c compressor & install 2n ho alt there .......

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7093
yeeeeeeeeeah. and sweat my azz off while bumping...nope!:-)

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9379
well its a option besides if u gonna have such power & bumping on the streets with ur windows down then a/c wont be needed right or if he is entering comps with it often - who knows

but if im not mistaken they make ho alt up to 350A now so maybe that'll be sufficient enough ......

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9380
with a couple batteries too with that 350A should keep enough juice flowing .......

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 566
I don't think they are made for daily drivers though Rovin.They probably produce close to no charge at idle .So that's a recipe for clipping your subs to death.I'm not sure on this though but a lot of those super HO alts(300 and up) are made for SPL comp use only.You can always check with the manufacturer though.I myself have to get in touch with Iraggi to see what is the maximum amp alt I can get for my daily driver and still have charge at idle.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1452
Haha Muddy! ME TOO QUICK FOR YOU! lol :-)

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1235
depending on your car you might be able to get one special made.. all in all its going to be pricey..

guy down here who goes to all the comps i go to had a wall with 6 audiopipe 15s.. hes got a 400 amp alt for his van

Bronze Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 23
excessive is a good company im prolly goin to get nate to help me on dual alts cuz a single 235 isnt enough for 3 5000.1 atomic amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
I was told that the super ho alternators (250+) burn up quick and that they would be lucky to last a year. i spoke with two differtent alternator companys. one said they have no idea whats up with car audio and dont have any ideas about applying a second. the other guy was even less informitive and tried to get me on for 400 on a 200 amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
COOL, I spoke with your boy NATE at excessive amperage. He was very informative, let me know exactly what i would need, and how to do it. So im going with two alternators.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
With all that extra juice, I might put another orion 5000d on 'em (2 x dd9512).

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7195
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
I thought that i had responded to this. I had this question on amplifiers also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us