OT-SonicElectronix

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 160
I am looking to order something from their site, its JL Audio speakers, does anybody know if the warranty is still valid when purchasing JL audio off of a website like this. Has anybody dealt with Sonic electronix before, if so how was your experience, shipping fast/slow, quality of product?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2999
JL will not warranty anything bought off line your at the mercy of who you buy them from and most require you to have them professionally installed if they will warranty.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3000
just went to their website, they will not warranty blown subs, and JL will not
The warranty does not cover:
Misuse, abuse, or improper installation / operation.
Subwoofers and speakers are not warranted against being "blown or burned". Subwoofers and speakers will not be warranted against any of the following damages:
Burnt voice coils (blackened, no continuity, melted adhesives, coil separated from the former, etc.)
Punctured or damaged surrounds.
Broken speaker terminals
Bent, chipped or broken frames
Ripped spiders or damaged back plates. Sonic Electronix shall not be held liable for incidental loss of use, installation or removal and reinstallation charges associated with defective or returned product.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
Is sonic electronix a authorized JL Audio dealer?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4096
"Is sonic electronix a authorized JL Audio dealer?"

NO its not a authorized jl dealer.

I ordered a JL 500/1 from them last week and it arrived with the seriel #'s removed from the box and amp which means that the warranty is void thru JL. I have a 1 year warranty thru sonic electronics. No problems with the amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3002
no Jl does not sell online from anyone.

Purchasing JL AUDIO Products via the Internet
Adquisicion de productos JL AUDIO a través de Internet

As a company, we put a tremendous amount of effort into training our authorized dealers to provide you, the end-user, with valuable advice and installation expertise. With automotive speaker systems, the importance of quality system design and installation is paramount. For that reason, we do not believe that Internet retailers can provide the level of service we feel our customers deserve and we do NOT authorize any dealer to sell our mobile audio products via Internet or Mail Order.

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
So is that 1 year warranty meaning that if anything goes wrong with the product that they have to replace it

Gold Member

Post Number: 3003
that amp will have to be repaired, and not through JL, JL will not touch anything that is supposed to have serial # and does not. All that stuff is tracked by JL strictly. And read sonics warranty, JL is a repair manufacture only. And for subs, JL ususally does not repair them, they replace them for authorized dealers. Your best bet, if your worried about warranty, pay the difference and get from an authorized dealer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3004
off JLs website

IMPORTANT WARNING, BUYER BEWARE!:
Many unauthorized retailers attempt to remove factory serial numbers in order to avoid detection. In the process, the product's ability to reliably reproduce sound is often compromised. We have seen numerous instances of speakers that have been sliced open and improperly re-glued, amplifiers that have been improperly re-assembled, etc.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 256
I have always had a great experience with sonicelectronix no problems and fast shipping. Best of all its Cheaper than anywhere else. I ordered almost all of my stuff there.

But if you want that safety net warranty, I wouldnt reccomend buying anything on the internet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us