Tried blowing 2 RE SX12s

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1130
Upload

Thats a Soundstream XXX 6500 .. 6500rms @ 1 ohm.. those two RE SX 12s took every bit of it. Of course this was not a daily setup, just used to burp. That is from the Sunday comp I was in and the setup is Richards.. But anyone, he failed to blow those subs with that amp just burping. Box was tuned to something like 35hz.. it did not put up good numbers, 146s, but he did not care about numbers.. we wanted smoke!

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1131
Also here is a pic of an MA starting to toast..

Upload

Look at the sub on the right.. you'll see a line of or orange. There were soon many of those while the VC started to fry :-) .. the $1s are from a bet.. someone said those MA would not blow and well.. they lost the bet :-) ...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1108
haha thats awesome

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6882
sweet!!

best thread you have made yet Kevin...all your others one bore me to death...Upload

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1133
well gee.. thanks lol..

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2776
u aint gonna blow SX's lol (its possible, dont get me wrong) lol
www.woofersetc.com stocks RE now...
high prices tho

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1330
dont try to blow those!!! ill buy them! for cheap that is ;)

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 513
Fry em' baby!!!!Upload

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1138
when and if they blow i'll let you guys know what it took.. i think he said after those fry hes going to be using 3 SX 15s unless i heard him wrong.. i know hes bumping up to 15s again so at least two.

before this he had two diamond 15s .. idk the model and he had two hd3 15s

Bronze Member
Username: Imperial_designs

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 31
that amp is a far cry from 6500. more like 4K RMS @14.5 and then you better have at least 400 amps of constant supply. you might be getting them a true 1K which is fine. give them a true 2K and watch how fast they smoke.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2777
i bet it will take more than 2k to blow em

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1640
I ran my sx15 on a daily 2800-3000K rms and never smoked it! That was two Kicker sx1250's on 1ohm, 14.8V and it never even stunk. I noticed if you let the motor structure cool before you bumped it on a hot day the heat saturation didn't set in and the coils reamined stink free. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1153
... theres only 8 batteries in the back of that truck for the amp lol

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1154
*sarcasm* :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1643
That HCCA amp was one of the greatest amps. I miss the old days, lol. Polo. :-)

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1160
hes got two of them.. hes going to be building a wall and bringing it back to the comp.. i'm unsure of the vehicle or subs hes going to be using but hes gonna have two of those amps :-)

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1450
thats almost a disgrace to the sx...

Bronze Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 32
norris, i have owned an SX. i have seen several competors use them. also i have owned one. A fried changed out the SX12s with the 2512As and after swiching amps of course. the SXs had a HIGH impedance rise hence they didn't meter as good nor get as hot. the 2500s where hot as fire after 2 burps but they where stupid loud and still work to this day. the box was 1.75 tuned to 46 if i remember correct per woofer.
he gained like 1.2db the the 2512s.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, Louisiana

Post Number: 33
polo so you have 2 SX 15s and 4 kicker 1250s? i found them 1250s to be weak compared to my cadence A7. the A7 made my SX crap. BTW if you really thnk it saw remotly CLOSE to 2800 ill break the antenna off for you AND light it.

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1163
if im not mistaken he had 1 SX 15" with two 1250s on it... given the correct enclosure and the gain being set correct those SXs can take a lot more power than many will admit.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1646
Ya, 1sx15. Somewhere in the sx15's not so linear travel it hit more than 2800rms. Each one of my 4 sx1250's are rated at more than 1400 rms, two are rated at 1490 rms (birth sheeted) The two that are rated at 1490 are being used. I am using a 300A alt, 2200 CCA battery, two runs of 1/0 ga wire, TCAB enclosure tuned at 42hz (4.47cf with four 4' aeros, external). These amps are underrated quite a bit and when strapped produce the said amount of power at 2ohm but I am running them at 1ohm allowing a few hundred more rms. I find it hard to believe that a A7 regardless of the name will out power this amp. If you had problems with your 1250 maybe it was the fact maybe the high-end functions of the DSP illuded you? Polo.. ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us