2 Fi Q's or 1 btl ?

Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1
I plan on putting one of these to set systems in my 99 jeep grand cherokee. My friend recomends me to just go ahead and buy the 18" btl fully loaded and power it with a hifonics bxi 1606d and later on upgrading to an mmats d3000.1 and also a better charging system, but i like the price of the 2 15' fi q's powered by 2 of the hifonics bxi 1606d. Which would you recomend or are the any other suggestions of subwoofers and amps ?

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

Il Us

Post Number: 216
well joe blanord, i would get the 18.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6869
those 2 subwoofers are meant for 2 different purposes...

do you want mostly SPL or SQL?

mind you 2 15" Q's will EAT UP box space, around 8 cubes for the 2 15's and probably 5-6 for the BTL...

if oyu want any room back there...i wouldn't get 2 15's...maybe 1 18" Q? ugh...even then, a ported box will need to be 6-10 cubes...

Post Number: 5
im not worried about space, but if i get 2 15's with two bxi 1606d amps will i have to upgrade the charging system ? i really want sql but i still want it to be loud

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1082
yeah a new alt would be a must becasue your going to be running 2k+

Post Number: 6
thanks i really don't have the extra money to do that right now so i believe i will get 1 18 btl and power it with just one bxi 1606d, do u think that will be alright

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3467
That would be ok...but that BTL would be starving for power.

I have a friend running a loaded BTL 18" on ~1800wrms and it wants WAY more power. You would be better off saving your $ and getting a big amp rite from the get-go.

If you look around on the for-sale sections of a few forums, you can find 2500-3000wrms for ~$400-550.

Post Number: 7
well i was going upgrade to a mmats d3000.1 after maybe 5 months or so and also a charging system

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3468
oh...ok...that mmats is a dam nice amp.

there is a 3500.5 for sale over on the USACi board. $550 shipped...a dual 1ohm BTL would go great w/ that amp.

Post Number: 8
thanks alot would you recomend that btl for my set up though ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us