Would this wiring work?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 698
so i got a new(well used but great condt) compvr 10 the other day, to use in my s10 so im gunna run my 2 10compvr's i alrady had off my a8002t ported in the bed, and my new one seal'd most likely in between the seats in the cab, now my problem is that i already run two amps, the a8002t and a small alpine amp(not in yet but need it for my coaxials up front) and my dist block is only one 0awg input and two 4awgoutputs, so my questions is either im guna get a new amp to run all 3 compvr's or use a PA 2channel amp bridged to run the new compvr, could i put two 8awg wires into the 4awg output on the dist block to run the smaller amps(alpine and PA)? or if i do get a new sub amp how would i wire the subs, two of the compvrs are dvc 4ohm and the new one is dvc 2ohm, could i wire the two ported subs in parrallel then in series to get 4ohms, then wire the new one in series to 4ohms then put them into a mono amp, wouldnt that make it a 2ohm load on the amp? but would the power be divide evenly to the all the sub that way?...im hoping i can jsut put both 8awg wires into the 4awg input, cuz i already have all the amps to do it that way...but either way i need some suggestions...thanx in advance..

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 701
bump

Gold Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 1045
I'd get another distribution block, 0awg input with 2 4awg outputs (get one that can accept 0 and 4 as an input so you can input 4awg and output 2 4awg). That's what I would do!

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 703
i dunno what u were talking about lol...but i think i jsut got an idea off of waht u jsut said...
Upload
ok so what i drew was a 4awg power wire(blue) comming from the battery(yellow) into the dist block(small black rectangle) in the 0awg input, then one 4awg comming from output 1 to my sub amp(a8002t) then the second 4awg wire(blue)comming out of output 2 going to a small dist block(pink) which has a 4awg input and then two 8awg(red) wires going to the smaller amps...would this work...it all seems like it would...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 706
nite bump going to bed...

Gold Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 1076
Yeah, that's not exactly what I meant but it will work just fine.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 708
thanx mick....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us