About to order my motors

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1004
I finally got a qoute and im having a prototype made. I had someone with experience doing this help me a LOT and he looked over the design so it should turn out nice. Each magnet is 6 inches across and 1 inch thick. It is a double stacked magnet motor. And it will be chrome plated. I will also be ordering 12 spoke baskets, 2.5" dvc's, cones and dust caps. I will make 4 for myself(HAHA) and a couple more. If it turns out good, i will GIVE one away to someone on the forum, as long as you have a box for a 12" or 10" and atleast a 750 watt amp to power it with. I am doing this so the person who gets it will give a reveiw and hopefully i'll sell a couple. Its good because i don't have to order a big quantity of each part. But seriously, if you are interested in a free sub, email me at farrisaudio@gmail.com or post here. I will only give out one.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1981
i have a box for 12" and have a amp that puts out around that much

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 573
what A nice guy. I dont think my kenwood X811d would do it justice. Lol, But good looking out.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 142
I'd give it to chauncey, isaac, muddy, or alter...You gonna make any more subs after those 5?

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1005
Yulp.

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1006
Well charlie email me with your first and last name and ill write it down. Anyone else email me too.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 578
BTW Congrads on Gold.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 893
since when are you making subs alex lol. what happened to box building?:-)Upload

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2557
alex...get on aim sumtime....il take a sub
i should be on till around 1030 or later tonight...im on right now

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1078
atf did u know ur the best on the forum plus my best friend in this forums so u know who are u givin it too right????? think on your friends , me so if u can give a free sub ill be the one that can take care of that sub j/k

oh hey where did u find the parts to do it??

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1008
lol lilrob, there is a chance you can get it. I NEED you guys to email me if you want it, so i can count it, just give me your names and what amp you have, and if you want a box. remember, im only giving out 1. the factory said it could take 15 days to machine the motor. Thats when i will get my prototype. Then i will order the rest and i will pick the winner. It might be more fair to draw the name out. because its hard to choose. Ill probobly orde my baskets and vc's tomarrow.lol nemen im still building boxes. If you need one made for the sub, ill do it cheap, it just won't be as good looking as my jl box. I would really like for you to have a good amp, because i don't want a review with only 200 watts, or even 400. I will also be doing custom recones for 2.5" and 3" coil subs. As, for the parts, it would be useless to give my suppliers away. I can give oyu some places i found that i don't buy from. If you want those email me.

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1009
i don't think it bumped. so bump

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1010
I have 2 names so far, and i just emailed those people back. So you might want to check. But keep em coming.

Username: Northerndarknes

Bay area, CA

Post Number: 8
i dont personally help out much here but i visit the forums a bit, and think its cool of you atf to give away a sub. glasswolf put in alot around here when i first found this place hed be a good candidate if he still existed around here, goodluck with your project

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1011
I was just told by the owner of a audio company(where i order most of my parts)that they should really sound good. I might have some bigger motors machined in the future for a 3" vc sub. But that will be a while. lol Hey, there is a 50% chance charlie will get the sub unless other people email me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2560
alex...get on aim lol
eclipsekeen54

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1012
Okay, im up to 4 names. I will draw a name on friday at 5pm. That will give time for everyone to register to win. BTW dan i can't get on aim as of now.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7739
holla atcha boi......give it to me....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2562
lol make chauncey buy his. he is loaded

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1013
Hey chauncey, i have your email so i will enter your name. I'm up to 6 names.:-) I want more though.

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1014
Hey chauncey, i have your email so i will enter your name. I'm up to 6 names.:-) I want more though.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7741
put me in there like 10 times, that would make 16 names

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1986
lol im with chauncey btw if you want to know what amp i have its a mtx amp and i would just buy a new one if i have to lol i have a couple mtx which ever one would work best

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1853
put me in the drawing, kicker_solox1@hotmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3017
ATF...you got mail

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Post Number: 137
Free sub, where.Count me in.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 111
:-) i have lots of extra amps and boxes....

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1015
i think i have 10 names. Only people who have emailed me and chauncey.

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1016
I would be willing to trade for some amps, because i have none. Maybe like 2-3 12's for a 1000d if anybody has any. But thats when i get my motors.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 352
well ill take one, obiously, i have a mamphis 1100d amp, that would push it well

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1017
Bad news guys. Yes, i'm still giving a sub away. but the company said they would rather have me order around 50, and a sample size is around 6-7 pieces. I might try to find somebody that knows A LOT about subs and see if they want to help make some. Anybody intersested? BTw it won't cost too much, its just that i need a job.

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1018
I am pretty sure he will sell a small quantity to start off with though. If i can't i will resort to that option^

Silver Member
Username: Serius

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 153
would u ever plan to make 15s?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4085
give me the sub alex. please. i will power it with 1000wrms and i have a ho alt so i will give it clean power.

GIVE ME THE SUB ALEX. GIVE ME THE SUB ALEX. GIVE ME THE SUB ALEX. GIVE ME THE SUB ALEX. GIVE ME THE SUB ALEX. GIVE ME THE SUB ALEX. GIVE ME THE SUB ALEX. GIVE ME THE SUB ALEX.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 870
I sent you an email alex. I have a HO alt, 3 batteries, and 2500 watts. GIVE ME THE SUB.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4086
damn you nick. i only have 2 batteries. lol.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 871
Yea, but I envy those focals.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4088
nick i noticed you have the epicenter. how do you like them? i am thinking of getting one but wasn't able to find someone who is using them to get some reviews.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2572
alex...shipping to me would be the cheapest....and guys...he said 750 watts lol

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 873
I like it alot. I wanted a remote gain, but my amp didnt come with one. It gives your bass a really smooth sound. very clean.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4090
alex you don't even have to ship it. i have an account with ups so you just need to it in a box for me and tell me the weight. i can have the ups go pick it up from your house.

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1019
lol dan is right it's only 750 watts. And serious, i do plan to make 15's but with a 3" vc. The dude from the motor place understood that i could only start out with a small order. He also said he makes motor for peavey, cerwin vega, and crossfire. i Bought a blown L712, because i was going to use the motor off of it for practice. But i might recone it. Also i don't know if it has a 2.5" vc, does it? And i have been answering everyones emails. chad, i got your name so you don't have to emai me. It would also help if you emailed your forum name too. So i will anounce it on here. Im up to 15 names i think. maybe more.

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1020
bump

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1023
bump

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 125
So where exactly do you look to find all of these things? Do you think i would be able to find enough stuff out there to make a 15'' or 18'' that will push a good 5000watts rms.. and sound cleaner then kicker? lol I wouldnt mind having one of the somthing like the SOLO X but in a round shape... and i would want a bigger motor... but money isnt really an issue. I have a 200A HO and 1 redtop and 2 yellow tops... and right now i am sitting on a extra kenwood 1000watt amp..... GIMME THE SUB! I have extra 10 and 12" boxes also... and even extra 10's and 12's to compare it to...Pioneer 10's.... are you leaning towards getting better SQ or SPL from these?

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 126
I have 2 emails.... Johnfiac@hotmail.com & Johnf@guavatech.com do i get entered twice then? lol.. Would this company be able to make a Quad stacked magnet motor thats about 450oz? for a 4" VC

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 603
So who won?
"Okay, im up to 4 names. I will draw a name on friday at 5pm. That will give time for everyone to register to win. BTW dan i can't get on aim as of now."

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 259
bump^^^^^

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 273
bump

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1025
lol sorry about that i was at my aunt's house and she has no comp. H/o i'll do it now....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2629
hopefully its me...shipping will be less

Silver Member

Il USA

Post Number: 166
:p i dont think anyone would mind about paying shipping, its a free sub!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us