Focal 6.5's in a 6x9 hole

Username: Frshlkjuce

Post Number: 5
Does anyone have much expertise on installing 6.5's where 6x9's once were? The vehicle is an 02 honda civic EX coupe. Would I be able to use my tweeters? Also, my crossovers are not anywhere to be found, would I be able to buy new ones (would the brand matter?). Thanks for the help!

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 276
yeah iv got 6.5s mounted in a 6x8 hole so same thing. what i did was cut a peice of plywood to cover the 6x9 hole in the door. then cut out a 6.5 hole inside that peice of wood so you can attach the plywood to your door then put your 6.5 in the the plywood. you should have room to cut a hole for your tweeter in the same peice of wood if not you can pretty much mount it wherever. as for buying a seperate crossover im sure you could find some on ebay and brand isnt going to make a difference just the frequency they are crossed over at

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 277
also forgot to mention you can buy baffels online insead of doing the whole plywood thing, theyll do the same thing

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Post Number: 16
If you're mounting Focals crossover matters, most crossovers lack the grade of capacitor and the air core inductors that Focal uses in most of their crossovers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us