Is it possible to turn off a REM wire? no right?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2854
its not possible to turn off the remote turn on wire right? my friend jus got his car back from the shop and he got no sound... so i told him to bring it by and i found out there is no voltage from the remote turn on wire. the only way for that to happen is for it to be broken right? i know they broke it too. they probably were looking for somethign else to fix and accidently broke that. because when you bring it there for one thing. they want to charge you for a million other things. i hate that place with a passion.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6916
take it out, and check to make sure there are no, rips, tears, etc..

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2773
yea the remote wire is open in the HU or in the wire... = disconected...
run a new remote wire to the back of the hu, if still dont work, replace the hu!

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1722
do what he said^ and yes its possible to turn off the rem wire, in my truck i have a toggle switch connected to my rem wire so if i ever want to turn off the subs all i have to do is flick a switch.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1532
quite possible for a remote wire to be broken, alot of the time remote wires that are used are pretty frail and fragile, i know i've torn several apart attmepting to pull them under carpeting...might have been in place long enough for the installed to check everything and you to get home and finally moved enough...

Not a big deal, i'd say have him bring it back to the shop and they'll fix it for free...why waste your time on something he's already paid for...

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 921
Remember that the remote wire won't be 12v unless the car is in ACC mode or running.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2857
thanks guys but your not understanding... i checked for voltage at the remote wiring coming out of the Hu. not at the amps. so the wire is not pinched off or anything. i think im jus going to connect another wire to the ignition wire so when the ignition is on the amps turn on. first try the fuse blew though lol. hes giong to get another one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us