SW9152 Box Question

Bronze Member
Username: Deadman

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 41
I have just recently purchased an SW9152 and have a question as to what size box I should be putting these into. I have about 825-1100 watts rms going to push this one sub in an impala trunk with lots of cabin space.

I've heard sealed boxes are the way to go if I want a really linear/flat response. I have had some problems with some one note wonder subs in the past and don't want to mess around anymore.

Don't get me wrong I still want some major output but like I said I want some sound quality and high output at various frequencies.

I called and talked to eclipse and they say 1.5-2.5 for sealed. Very vague! Does anyone have any experience.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx Homies

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 592
i made a ported box for my ti and it still has good sq and has a decently flat response. i made mine 4.2 cu ft with a port that is 3" wide x 15" tall x 18" long. it is tuned to 35 Hz with that design.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 593
i would look into upgrading your amp because when i first got my sub i had a 800wrms amp and it pushed okay, but i wanted a bigger amp. so i got a 1100wrms amp and it pushed it better but not to its potential. right now i have a rf X7 that puts out 1600wrms and i am very happy with it. there is a huge difference between the the 1100 and the 1600. now i cant listen to it for more that a couple minutes before i have to turn it down because my ears hurt so bad and it still doesnt distort:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 92
SW9152, when you built your ported box, was the port in yours just an opening or did it extend back into the box? i dont really konw how to explain what im asking but i hope that does it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
sorry deadman, im not trying to jack your thread, i just figured id as on here instead of starting a new thread.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 595
the port extends into the box, in my case 18". kinda like a tunnel.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
ok. thanks. does the 3" extend all the way through the tunnel. i gues what im trying to say is that is the "tunnel" 3" wide. sry i suck as explaining things. thanks

-Matt

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 597
yeah like in the pic the opening is 3" x 15" and it is a 3" x 15" tunnel that extends 18" into the box.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 598
is it getting any clearer, i am not the best at explaining things either, lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us