Ot: watf ??? is time aligment and how to set it on a ford explorer 96

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 541
today i went to circuit city and i look at the alpine cda-9855 wit the biolite and time aligment i was impress it was 299 and i decidet to buy it really cool head unit when i opened it it had a outboard dc to dc converter and outboard selection of 4 croosovers settings plus ipod and the glidtouch i know alpine is putin the new ones but for 299 it was like 500 wit taxes so i was teakin wit them really nice sound and i burned some cd from alpines website but i dont know how to set the time aligment???

anybody of u have this deck and how to use the time aligment and how to set the times on a ford explorer??? thanks alot

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 640
time alignement is the time it takes the sound to get to the user....to make it seem as if your sitting in the middle of the car...u should look in the...instructions...it tell u how to do it

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 548
na bro i set the time aligment on the alpine website and i set the crossover i download it a new screansaver well i download 3 of them plus the start up messages and all other thigs good things for 300 bucks

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 682
Time alignment is used to adjust each speaker so that all of them are playing in synch with eachother. Killerz is right. For example, lets say you have 4 Sony Xplod 6 x 9's (haha), and the ones in front have about 10 feet of speaker wire, well the ones in the rear deck only have 2 feet of speaker wire. So even though they may sound all in synch, they will be ever so slightly off. Therefore, adjust the time alignment to delay the response from the rears so that the sound from them is hitting your ears at the exact same time that the sound from the fronts is hitting. It is fine tuning that when used correctly will make it sound as if every speaker you have is working as one single speaker at the front of your car. (Which is the ultimate imaging goal.)

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 645
i set mine the trashy way....i just went to the time alignment settings and turned it tell it sound like it was in the middle....i dont have the time to mesure and calcutlate (like reccomened) or the nice enough equipment or even have the speakers in the right spot ( i have a sony 5.25 on my floor for a frontstage).....so it sounds decent
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us