Difference with new box

Bronze Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 40
ok im working on building a new box for my memphis power reference subs, the box im using now is sealed, but my new one is gonna be dual chamber ported. how much better/louder will it sound?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3802
it will get louder and less musical.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1245
If you build it right (proper deminsions, all cracks sealed properly, right material, etc.) should you really notice a difference in spl output. Make sure you tune it properly or your sub will sound a lot worse than it did before, therefore accomplishing nothing. You may loose a bit of SQ, but the SPL should increase considerably

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
great.....i got my box port size, cu ft, and tuning frequency straight from memphisaudio.com and thy are specifically for my subs, also the cubis ft measurement they gave me aready had the port and driver displacement already figured in....so all i had to do ws find a box size that was the right cu ft that they said...it was easy. all i have to do is make sure i dont make any errors building it

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 660
Best way to get a good seal, attach all the vertical pieces together, while they are standing in place on top of the bottom panel. This will align all bottom edges to be air tight. Here's the trick: flip it upside down after all the pieces (except top and bottom) are screwed/glued, sand as needed, and attach either the top or bottom onto the sanded edge, as you will have plenty of room to go and caulk all the seams while the lid is still off. Then the last piece you attach is the lid, which you have a perfectly flat surface to attach it onto.

I'm not sure how easy that was to follow, but basically all the vertical panels line up exactly on the bottom, because they are all resting on the same flat surface while you attach them to eachother. Flip it upside down to attach the first panel, and save the perfectly flat edge for the final lid to attach to, because it is a lot harder to caulk when the box is all sealed up. Hope that helps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
yeah i understand....that way there arent any big gaps or anything that would make caulking difficult.thats actually a quite intelligent way of doing it...hey thanx Lewass....ur alright

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
yeah i understand....that way there arent any big gaps or anything that would make caulking difficult.thats actually a quite intelligent way of doing it...hey thanx Lewass....ur alright
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us