Woofers suck!

Bronze Member
Username: Inafia

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 20
what would be the problem here, on a old fosgate 10, i cant get the sub to excurt, the sub only moves inward when it hits, like its outa phase, even when i switch the pos and neg no matter how i have it wired, its a single voice coil. any help??? trying to install a system for a friend

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1242
you sure you don't have a pos and neg hooked up somewhere? Thats what it sounds like.

Bronze Member
Username: Inafia

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 23
dude, its a single voice coil. i set the speaker right next to this amp to make sure everything worked cuz my friend bought the stuff used. i had the pos from the amp to the pos on the sub and the neg same way. i even swaped them every which way on both channels. but when i battery tested the sub with the trusty dewalt battery the subwill excurt out. weird or what ?

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1243
did you use that amp before? I have an amp and they printed the wrong badge on it (bridge, + and -, etc.) The only way I found out is by comparing it to another amp and then contacting the company. They said a bunch of amps got released with the wrong printing on them. Needless to say, it was hooked up wrong. What I would suggest is to try and hook the sub up to another amp and see what happens. Also, try a different sub on that same amp and see what happens.

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 659
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1320
check your ground too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts